DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Retrieve data into DJI FLY app

RSDonovan

Reactions
Good day

I fly a Mavic Mini using DJI FLY app.

I have seen other posts where flyers say that after losing their drone they can retrieve maps, flight info and media (photos and video) even without retrieving the drone. I’m not sure how that is possible as the FLY app doesn’t appear to do much if it isn’t linked to the a/c. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

I have seen other posts where flyers say that after losing their drone they can retrieve maps, flight info and media (photos and video) even without retrieving the drone. I’m not sure how that is possible as the FLY app doesn’t appear to do much if it isn’t linked to the a/c. What am I missing?
Your app has a "black box" data recorder that is very useful to show what happened in a flight or incident.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a report on the flight data.
And experienced data readers can read a lot more than is immediately apparent.
You can post a link to the report it provides to get help analysing a flight incident.

Your app has a "black box" data recorder that is very useful to show what happened in a flight or incident.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a report on the flight data.
And experienced data readers can read a lot more than is immediately apparent.
You can post a link to the report it provides to get help analysing a flight incident.

Thanks for your reply! However I do all my drone stuff on an iPad / iPhone and have never used a Mac. However I have looked at the DJIFlightRecord... files on my phone and there appears to be one per flight! Is there any way I can transfer these to the Flight Analyser using iPad Files utility or does it have to be transferred using iTunes?

Thanks

I do all my drone stuff on an iPad / iPhone and have never used a Mac
You'll need to connect your iPad/iPhone to a computer to retrieve the log files. Follow the instructions here.

Is there any way I can transfer these to the Flight Analyser using iPad Files utility
Following options:

- If you have iCloud setup and also on a PC/Mac you can easily transfer the logs by copying the logs to the iCloud folder. They show up on all your iCloud linked devices a few minutes later.

- Use iTunes to transfer the logs

- Create an Airdata.com account
Install HDSync on your iPhone/Ipad
Run HDsync to transfer your logs to Airdata

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member