DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return home problem

Dragon

Reactions
Brand new drone. Set it up and tried it out for the first time. Worked great for return home. Second and third time flying it the return home did not work. Could the problem be in the settings. Appreciate your help.

You need to wait for the homepoint to be established or set it manually. If you just fired it up and flew away that may not have happened. It is best to start the MP and insure the homepoint has been recorded, fly up about 30 feet and hover 5 seconds for it to grab a picture of the homepoint, then fly away.

Reactions: Thomas B
You need to wait for the homepoint to be established or set it manually. If you just fired it up and flew away that may not have happened. It is best to start the MP and insure the homepoint has been recorded, fly up about 30 feet and hover 5 seconds for it to grab a picture of the homepoint, then fly away.
Not to hijack the thread, but if, when powered up and on the ground, it reports "The homepoint has been updated; please mark it on the map", is the above necessary?

Not to hijack the thread, but if, when powered up and on the ground, it reports "The homepoint has been updated; please mark it on the map", is the above necessary?
The updated homepoint should be automatic, that's why I said to insure that it has been recorded. The 30 foot hover is for the RTH precision landing function.

And make sure you see the H icon in the map display, and it is accurate. I always open the setting and set it myself, paranoid.

Not paranoid common sense to check it.

Last edited:
Yes, make sure you get the notification "Homepoint has been set...", and then still hover for about 30 seconds or so to let the downward vision system to image what below the AC, this aids in precision landing. I sometimes forget to hover for a bit, and then when I try auto land, I get the unsuitable for landing message.

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
Yes, make sure you get the notification "Homepoint has been set...", and then still hover for about 30 seconds or so to let the downward vision system to image what below the AC, this aids in precision landing. I sometimes forget to hover for a bit, and then when I try auto land, I get the unsuitable for landing message.
If you use the auto take off and tick the Precisely Record Home Point, the Mavic will rise up to about 5.5m. Once it hovers, just wait for 5 seconds then off you go. It will be enough, no need to wait for 30 sec.

And make sure you see the H icon in the map display, and it is accurate. I always open the setting and set it myself, paranoid.
I have been flying my Mavic for 12 months and I always check the home point has been recorded on the map.

Reactions: Timbo~SYD and FL1H1

The message actually says "Please CHECK it on the map." It wants you to look at the map and make sure the home point is where you expect it to be, in case some kind of GPS error gets a bad fix and puts it in the trees or over water, etc. I've not seen this happen, but I've had home point errors of 30-40 feet occasionally, enough to cause trouble in a congested area.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
"Take off...the homepoint has been updated...please check it on the map."
On my MP, It says "the home point has been updated, please check it on the map". the RTH works fine but the arrow on the map is yellow. Shouldn't it be green?

Did you hold down the RTH button. It is not a quick press but press and holf that is required
The return to home works just like it is suppose to. It will return to home and land right where it took off from and turn to the way it was when it took off. The only thing is that the arrow is yellow on the map and that worries me.

Are you in a restricted flight zone?
I was right on the edge of the 5 mile distance from a dirt airport so I thought that might be the problem. I went further away from the airport but nothing changed. It is still yellow. It tells me that home point has been recorded twice.Once when the motors first start up and another time when I start climbing. Who would I Talk to about this? I bought it at Costco. Thanks for the help! Scott

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King