DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RETURN HOME SURE SCARES ME

mikebambi

Reactions
return home is scary especialy when you move out of the location walking far away from it
was wondering if its a good idea to refresh return home if you walked to a different location
another thing it flies so high you cant see it ,have no idea where its going

Reactions: joejaxvic123
was wondering if its a good idea to refresh return home
If you want to change the home point, you should reset the home point before initiating RTH. Otherwise, your Mavic will return to the original home point.

The RTH altitude can be set in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-RTH-Altitude.jpg

Just make sure it's set high enough to clear all obstacles in the flying area.

If you want to change the home point, you should reset the home point before initiating RTH. Otherwise, your Mavic will return to the original home point.

may sound stupid but how do you reset the home point without RTH again is there a reset to erase the old one

You can reset the home point at any time in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point.jpg

Reactions: Ping^Spike
You got it. Swiping from the right to left will show the following menu:

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point-Slide-Screen-Left.jpg

I thought there was an option to set RTH to the location of the controller, if you move from take off point, the bird will come back to the controller. I may be hallucinating....

I thought there was an option to set RTH to the location of the controller, if you move from take off point, the bird will come back to the controller. I may be hallucinating....
See msinger's screen shot above. Homepoint ME. Which will only work if your device has a gps module in it.

Yeah I thought that is what “Home point me” was. Can someone explain that once and for all to me please?

That feature resets the home point to the mobile device's current location. If you move your mobile device, the home point will not follow your remote controller.

I wonder about changing your home location because I think the original home comes from your MP gps but the new one will come from your mobile device. The sensors might give different location results (but probably close).

I wonder about changing your home location because I think the original home comes from your MP gps but the new one will come from your mobile device.
It depends how you reset the home point. If you reset the home point to the Mavic, it uses data from the Mavic's internal GPS receiver. If you reset the home point to your current location, it uses GPS data from the mobile device.

See msinger's screen shot above. Homepoint ME. Which will only work if your device has a gps module in it.

I didn’t even think about that. I have to check and see if my Asus zenpad tablet has gps.
That would suck!
Thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE="mikebambi, post: 395846,
another thing it flies so high you cant see it ,have no idea where its going[/QUOTE]

Always look into the GO app “map” screen. There are vital info such as:
1. The direction of MP is heading
2. Traces of MP path
3. The location of Home point assigned to the DJI system ( vs to what you think the HP is)
4. .....etc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson