DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return Sticks to centre Warning.

Rcthethird

Reactions
Ok so for to many times i'd care to mention now when on full stick forward in P mode I get a braking Warning, return sticks to centre.
I've checked and checked all settings, its just been updated to latest firmware so just wondered if anyone else has even seen this problem/
Thanks in advance Rich

Ok so for to many times i'd care to mention now when on full stick forward in P mode I get a braking Warning, return sticks to centre.
I've checked and checked all settings, its just been updated to latest firmware so just wondered if anyone else has even seen this problem/
Thanks in advance Rich
if you fly into the sun it fools the sensors into thinking there is something in front of the drone ,try it on a dull day or after the sun has set ,and see if it still happens
you can also get a similar thing if you are close to the ground and as the drone tilts it senses the ground in front of the drone as an obstacle

I've heard of the flying-into-the-sun sensor problem causing breaking issues, but not the error about returning sticks to the center.

There is a section in DJI Go 4 called "Calibrate Control Sticks". I would try that procedure first.

Chris

it has happened to me a couple of times ,as i was flying in a valley and climbed to do a reveal and as i got to a certain height, and tried to come home the bright sun caused the braking issue and as it happened, i got the message telling me to return sticks to center, another time i was out around 1200 ft over a lake and suddenly the Mav slammed on the brakes same message appeared, i could not see what had caused it to stop till i played back the video on my computer, and was amazed to see a flock of small birds circling the drone several times in tight formation,although at the distance the drone was from me i could not see them in the sky

If I have the sensors on an M2P switched on and am flying at home about all it will do is hover and give various messages about braking, obstacle detected and centre the sticks etc. etc. ad infinitum. so much so that they are completely disregarded and more likely the sensors switched off.
My home point is surrounded by trees and obstacles of one sort or another.

In addition to this issue occurring with bright sun I've also had it early evening after the sun has set and just before the point the avoidance sensors stop working entirely due to the lack of light.

What problem?
Have you switched the sensors off to see whether the problem? occurs then?
Are you flying into the sun etc. etc. etc. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998