DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to controller not working...

WheelzWorld

Reactions
I tried to set the RTH to my brand new iPad mini 4 cellular (used exclusively for the mavic) yesterday and it doesn't seem to work...

As a few users said there is no need to activate service on the iPad, I'm wondering if I missed something else I should do?

Firmware on mavic is. 0400 (as many people said they regret upgrading)

I tried to set the RTH to my brand new iPad mini 4 cellular (used exclusively for the mavic) yesterday and it doesn't seem to work...

As a few users said there is no need to activate service on the iPad, I'm wondering if I missed something else I should do?

Firmware on mavic is. 0400 (as many people said they regret upgrading)
I know this will sound obvious, but did you try setting it with the Mavic paired to the RC and on?

Does your iPad have a valid GPS position? With disabled cellular service it could probably not load the AGPS data and now needs an incredibly long time to find its position. Just guessing..

For it to work a few things must be present. 1) your Mavick and controller must both be on and connected 2) your tablet/phone must be connected to controller and DJI go4 running and connected. 3) most importantly the GPS on your tablet/phone MUST BE ON and you have a locked position.
The RTController uses the GPS position from your tablet so if your tablets/phone GPS is not turned on or has not aquired or locked a position then RTcontroller will not work.
Also when you tap the button on screen and it locks the position to the controller for RTH, if you should move your position at all even by a few meters you must again tap the RTcontroller before hitting RTH to update the new position or the drone will return to the position that you were last when you tap the RTcontroller.
This mode is good if you change your takeoff position and move a round a bit and want your Mavic to land where you are now, but you must constantly tap RTcontroller for RTH to keep updating the new home point / gps co~ordinates of where you are now and best to do it again just before you actually hit RTH.

I allowed the app to get my location "while using". Not sure I need to set anything else...? Is there another option to set GPS on...?

I always tried with the IPad attached to remote (WiFi controller will be next step when I got all the rest working)

I tried to "return to controller" even if I moved a few feet but the mavic just didn't get ANY of the positions... [emoji29]

Just as my first reply: you want to make sure the GPS alone without additional data has enough time to acquire a position!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne