DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home is way off!

Even better -- he notes in the video that he believes calibrating the compass before each flight will make the landing more precise.
Plus he is holding his controller and phone in his left hand, just a foot or so away from the drone when he calibrates.

Hey, Msinger, how does my IMU numbers look above? Based on what I read, they are pretty good, right?

Ok, tried a couple flights and found that if I take off and hover at 20 feet and count to 10, the return to home was spot-on twice in a row. When I did it at 30 feet the landing was off a couple feet, but 20 was within inches. This is only based on a couple flights but I am glad that I'm getting it figured out.
I missed the part until it was mentioned in this thread that you were supposed to do something like that. I thought hovering after auto take-off (about 4 feet) would be fine, but, it's clearly not. I've only used Go so far with the Mavic, but may do a Litchi flight today.
I think what a lot of people also miss the point on is, RTH isn't there to be used every day or even bring your aircraft back into land.
It's a fail-safe to be used in the event of a signal loss or some other malfunction.
It's like auto take off - I have it on both my Inspires and wouldn't even know if it works or not.....never used it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan