DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returning my MA2

Hi guys,
Do due to the lack of range, normally 1000 meters until the weak signal and rc signal lost messages, i will return the whole package for a new replacement.
Just to know if you have any kind of bad experiences returning the drone to dji.
Thanks!
That’s pretty good distance for an urban area it’ll go a lot farther in the country

Loss of signal, just by touching the antenna? That’s a problem. If returning, you must give a reason other than, I don’t like it. That will do. Don’t want a restocking fee, Happened to me.

Hi guys,
Do due to the lack of range, normally 1000 meters until the weak signal and rc signal lost messages, i will return the whole package for a new replacement.
Just to know if you have any kind of bad experiences returning the drone to dji.
Thanks!
I've had my geo on my M2Z set at a maximum range of 500 meters since I got it (8+ months), and have never had the need to increase it. If I have something a few miles away, I drive over and launch from that area. It has never been an issue. I'm sure I can get substantially more range, but I have never seen a reason to. Just me I guess.

Loss of signal, just by touching the antenna? That’s a problem. If returning, you must give a reason other than, I don’t like it. That will do. Don’t want a restocking fee, Happened to me.
If you are referring to Best Buy, any alleged defect will do, and the most obvious one is the inability to remove the filter frame from the camera to install the ND filters. Still can't get mine off! Other issues like poor range or overstated flight time, or even a bad zipper on the case also qualify as a defect, waiving the 15% restocking fee.

Make sure your antennas are well positioned. Also, applying the FCC hack might help. But flying over Bucharest amid tower blocks and transmission masts... That is a big nono.

Make sure your antennas are well positioned. Also, applying the FCC hack might help. But flying over Bucharest amid tower blocks and transmission masts... That is a big nono.

The MA2 has integrated RC antennas which I don't think are moveable in orientation

Reactions: rebello
I've had my geo on my M2Z set at a maximum range of 500 meters since I got it (8+ months), and have never had the need to increase it. If I have something a few miles away, I drive over and launch from that area. It has never been an issue. I'm sure I can get substantially more range, but I have never seen a reason to. Just me I guess.

Cool but his until is faulty, a good reason to return it.

I returned my MA1 to Best Buy for the same reason. Well, really because I wanted the MA2, but I was unhappy with the range. Under "reason for return" I simply said "Does not work as advertised.", which technically is true. They did not charge me the restocking fee.

i was getting 1280mt overwater clear LOS....sent it back and they replaced it due damaged signal board. I havent test the same position as before but now down the bay 1450mtr and still full signal strenght..
I suggest do a flight screen record it then get on to tech online help show them the vid on youtube or something nd they will most prob open a case for you ...
with the amount of issues with range I wouldnt be surprised if they had a bad batch of the compenent in question

which mode do you have your drone set for. European mode you won't get much more then that
That's not true. Im from europe and i drove it for 8 km no problem, it would go further but didn't have batery to return

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman