DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Reward" sticker on every battery

IMG_0512.JPG The other side has phone number Decalgirl $24.00

I had some stickers made for the batteries on my Mavic Air. They're printed on waterproof, highly adhesive vinyl, just the right size to affix to the exposed face of the battery. "Last ditch insurance," I thought, in the unfortunate event.
View attachment 33309

You get the idea. "You can't use this, but you can get a reward." If all else fails (and it's not at the bottom of a lake), maybe this will bring it home.

I'm not familiar with the Air but I own two MPP's and 4 remotes, two of which I purchased off ebay to install antenna mods on. The controllers I purchased off ebay were simple to bind to the drone. Does the Air have a safeguard against binding another remote?

The battery does indeed dislodge therefore its a good idea to use something to secure the battery in place so you can track your way to a downed drone using the GO-4 app. Not sure what that would be due to the heat sink underneath which would rule out 1000 mile an hour (duct) tape :)

I crashed last weekend dropping motors off from 50 feet. Broke one arm and the battery definately flew out. Fortunately I was 10 feet away, but even at 3 miles out I could use my flight data to get close. Keeping the battery in is key so thanks for reminding me that I need to devise some method to mechanically secure the battery.

Fly high and fly often

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Air but I own two MPP's and 4 remotes, two of which I purchased off ebay to install antenna mods on. The controllers I purchased off ebay were simple to bind to the drone. Does the Air have a safeguard against binding another remote?
At the time I drafted the sticker, I was under the misunderstanding that the RC and AC were bound. Not so, it turns out. I’m using ideas from this thread to write a new version.

I just printed out multiple copies of my FAA registration and stuck it in the battery tray. It fits perfectly when you trim it with scissors. Meets FAA requirements and is free. You guys way overthink things.

If they do a bit more research, won't they realize the Pro can also be used in WiFi mode and that it's not linked to one controller?

Clearly it won't stop someone who is determined to keep the drone, but if the person who found it is teetering on the fence this might be just enough of a nudge to have them land on the right side. It certainly can't hurt. Thumbswayup

The battery does indeed dislodge therefore its a good idea to use something to secure the battery in place so you can track your way to a downed drone using the GO-4 app. Not sure what that would be due to the heat sink underneath which would rule out 1000 mile an hour (duct) tape :)

ZIP ties. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne