DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Reward" sticker on every battery

Prismatic

Reactions
I had some stickers made for the batteries on my Mavic Air. They're printed on waterproof, highly adhesive vinyl, just the right size to affix to the exposed face of the battery. "Last ditch insurance," I thought, in the unfortunate event.
upload_2018-3-10_22-23-31.png

You get the idea. "You can't use this, but you can get a reward." If all else fails (and it's not at the bottom of a lake), maybe this will bring it home.

Where did you get them made? I was thinking the same thing but smaller for the top of the MPP as a reminder to remove the gimbal cover.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Where did you get them made? I was thinking the same thing but smaller for the top of the MPP as a reminder to remove the gimbal cover.
@UPrinting.com; highly recommended on service.
As soon as possible, I'm going to paint the gimbal cover in a high-visibility fire-engine green, to help remind me to remove it.
Finally: yes, the battery could separate in a crash. I fly low, as a rule; in a fly-away scenario, the MA should set down--in its dying-battery emergency landing procedure--before total battery failure. I don't fly in urban areas at all.

I thinking about doing same, but will add email adress, as I am not flying only in one country. Also I add owner_contact_info.txt file in root of sd card with my phone and email.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prismatic
Why not put one sticker on the drone itself (since this is what the sticker talks about) instead of each and every battery?

Reactions: kstankov
Just make a reward folder on your video card

Reactions: Mavman and Kvark
Just make a reward folder on your video card
I believe this to be too passive... Someone would never think to look at the sd card, or even know there is one. I have stickers on the body of the drone - clearly visible.

I had some stickers made for the batteries on my Mavic Air. They're printed on waterproof, highly adhesive vinyl, just the right size to affix to the exposed face of the battery. "Last ditch insurance," I thought, in the unfortunate event.
View attachment 33309

You get the idea. "You can't use this, but you can get a reward." If all else fails (and it's not at the bottom of a lake), maybe this will bring it home.
Good idea! Is there a place on the DJI website to report a lost or stolen drone? In other words, what's the procedure for reporting to factory?

Drones are still uncommon. The probability of the “finder” being drone-savvy is low. My sticker may not be entirely true (I thought it was when I wrote it), but the “finder” is unlikely to know that.
Given the ideas I’ve learned here, I may have a new sticker made with better information. In any case, the sticker should dissuade theft and encourage return. Suggestions?

Reactions: Kvark
If they do a bit more research, won't they realize the Pro can also be used in WiFi mode and that it's not linked to one controller?
Yes, though it’s a Mavic Air. See my “rewrite” comment above.
Where I live and fly, the “finder” would most likely be a hunter or fisherman or cowhand. As a rule, that group isn’t highly attracted to complex technology (I know my roots). The reward itself may be sufficient to spur returning it over pawning it.
I hope to never find out!

Something I’ve actually been thinking about lately since I’m puttibg these type of stickers on my drones also... how much of a reward would you actually be offering?

Something I’ve actually been thinking about lately since I’m puttibg these type of stickers on my drones also... how much of a reward would you actually be offering?
My sticker currently says $100, but my new one would leave it at “substantial”, because the value of the return would depend on the condition of the bird (e.g., two years of hanging in a tree before it falls out and is found, vs. next day, without precipitation) and the expectations of the finder, etc. Too many variables to guess at in advance.

Reactions: Priest
@UPrinting.com; highly recommended on service.
As soon as possible, I'm going to paint the gimbal cover in a high-visibility fire-engine green, to help remind me to remove it.
Finally: yes, the battery could separate in a crash. I fly low, as a rule; in a fly-away scenario, the MA should set down--in its dying-battery emergency landing procedure--before total battery failure. I don't fly in urban areas at all.
Just thread a piece of ribbon through the slit of the lid that closes. I was going to drill a small hole but thought it was good the way it was.

Attachments

• A19E3F8E-AB86-4D76-AF16-0BE3BC8DA0ED.jpeg
    A19E3F8E-AB86-4D76-AF16-0BE3BC8DA0ED.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Just thread a piece of ribbon through the slit of the lid that closes. I was going to drill a small hole but thought it was good the way it was.
I agree, the painting idea was overkill. :rolleyes: I ended up supergluing a red ribbon to the gimbal cover. It’s perfect.

I got stickers from a seller on amazon and the web. Drone ID Services. For $14 you get 3 sets of 3 different stickers and also a faa cert card with holder and lanyard. You can customize the info and colors of stickers

Mavic Air - FAA Drone Identification Bundle - Labels (3 sets of 3) + FAA UAS Registration ID Card for Hobbyist Pilots + Lanyard and ID Card holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079TBHWZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nmQ0Ab5Z2M2KE

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78