DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID outside of the US?

88lance

Reactions
I haven't flown in a few months, or kept up with the news unfortunately. I have a MA2 that I fly when I am traveling, usually outside the US. I do a test flight and update while I am back home in Texas before I head out again. But otherwise I am usually gone and flying in other countries.
Reason for mentioning, how is RID going to affect the MA2? Will it cause issues if I am not flying in the US?
Since I have not kept up with the news lately, I was not sure if there would be an update soon that would brick my drone even though I am not flying it here. (assuming the RID is just a US thing).
Or would the drone not launch here, but would unlock once I left the US or something?
Thanks for the updates and getting me up to speed again

DJI stated here that RID will only be broadcast when you are in a country/region where it is implemented. And they stated here that it will at least be broadcast in the US and Europe.

Your drone will still fly in any location whether or not you have RID equipped/enabled.

For flying in the US, you can find more details about RID here.

DJI stated here that RID will only be broadcast when you are in a country/region where it is implemented. And they stated here that it will at least be broadcast in the US and Europe.

Your drone will still fly in any location whether or not you have RID equipped/enabled.

For flying in the US, you can find more details about RID here.
Great, thank you for the links

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580