DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID

Bond007

Reactions
Does anybody know when DJI is going to: A) push out firmware for RID, or B) tell us no and sell modules so we can be in compliance.

Does anybody know when DJI is going to: A) push out firmware for RID, or B) tell us no and sell modules so we can be in compliance.
Depending on which drone you have, DJI has already rolled out firmware updates to include RID

Not sure what aircraft you're flying, but I'm crossing my fingers that the MA2 and others get an update in the future.

This post a while back looked promising. 🤔

I'll wait before I upgrade to an Air 2s, with built in RID.

I fly with 4 strobes on my MA2 and there's not enough room to attach a module anywhere on the aircraft.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Depending on which drone you have, DJI has already rolled out firmware updates to include RID
Thank you. Unfortunately Mavic Pro 2 is not on the list. Does that mean I will have to buy a module?

Thank you. Unfortunately Mavic Pro 2 is not on the list. Does that mean I will have to buy a module?

Hold off until the due date of September 16, 2023.

As the deadline nears, there may be firmware updates to the fleet from DJI to make them RID compliant. 🤔

And possibly more third party companies will come out with RID modules for the ones that don't.

More than likely, with the lighting speed of the government, it might not see the light of day and be postponed to a future meeting. :rolleyes:

Wait and see..........

Reactions: SethB
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
There are many Threads about RID. just do a simple search from the search icon in the upper right hand corner

Reactions: MA2 317
I can only hope that they start to cover some of their older drones. Maybe the hardware can't support it? Maybe DJI will sell modules for RID? I guess we will know more when we get closer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400