DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Riding across a frozen lake with Active Track

I did not see that coming, this is one of those videos where you could put your voice and your thoughts as your traversing the artic expansion of the lake, and how that felt to solo ? excellent none the less.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the water.

Reactions: ArthurC and exomatt
Never thought about riding a bike on a lake.

I used a snowmobile years ago to traverse the frozen tundra.

Thanks for sharing the "oops" incident at the end. 👍

Nice video, where you controlling the drone, or someone else? I've looked an handle bar controller mounts as shown by DC Rainmaker, but didn't see it when the bike went down.

Thanks for sharing your video, while watching it I had to stand in front of the fire with my iPad and now I’m walking with a limp caused by your crash....thanks (lol). Great video, all of us need to realize what those like you, while out there in freezing cold temperatures endured to provide us great video....and perfect music that fit the video. Thank you.

What an excellent video! Fantastic shooting and great editing as well!

Reactions: ArthurC
I rode my bike across frozen Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to Climb Rattlesnake Island and got some awesome views.

Let me know what you think!

Great location. Thanks for posting. I liked the “End of Trail” sign on the tree - the perfect place to float past with your drone through the tree and go ‘camera down’ to film the track drop away off the steep descent. Really nice soundtrack choice, too. 👍😎🇳🇿

Reactions: ArthurC and CaseyK
I rode my bike across frozen Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to Climb Rattlesnake Island and got some awesome views.

Great video! I was watching with my wife (we both ride Salsa fat bikes on sandy desert tracks) telling her I was sure you had studded tires…….. Until the end!

You’ve good technique on ice!

Howard

Reactions: 4006448
Nicely done. Was thinking how the soundtrack could’ve changed the mood. Something dark and suspenseful would’ve had me waiting for something scary to jump out from behind a tree or to grab you off your bike from behind…or below. 😳

Surprise!! Whole time camera view was the evil entity planing its ghostly (successful) attack 😁. Great fun keep it up

Glad main character survived…for the sequel

Great video !!! What's the blue around 2:05 in? I love the audio trac and the sound effects. You were doing so well on the ice. One of my Fat-boys has 4.5" studded tires. It really increases rolling friction, but sticks well to ice. Nice job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard70
Would never thought to ride a bike on ice! Good courage. I’m curious to find out if the drone went down when you did? Seemed like it was backing away and down before the transition out.

Looks pretty "cool", no pun intended. I'd probably need some training wheels on that bike across the ice...LOL

Reactions: Howard70
I did not see that coming, this is one of those videos where you could put your voice and your thoughts as your traversing the artic expansion of the lake, and how that felt to solo ? excellent none the less.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the water.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been thinking about trying to narrate a video for a while, but I feel like more of a "Show, don't tell" cinematographer, plus, I don't really have a narrator voice anyway. Maybe someday!

Nice video, where you controlling the drone, or someone else? I've looked an handle bar controller mounts as shown by DC Rainmaker, but didn't see it when the bike went down.
Thanks! I was controlling the drone with my right hand while I was riding. I have a 3D printed mount for my controller, but I haven't finalized the hardware for the handlebar connection. For now, I just have it strapped to my handlebar and a carbon fiber support bar. It works fine as long as the ride isn't to rough.

Thanks! There's definitely something different about riding across a frozen lake. Much more peaceful and serene if there's no one around. I started doing it last year after getting my fat bike and I love it.

That was actually my least painful of three crashes for the day, but the other two were not on video. Still have a bruise on my right knee from some pavement...

Great video! I was watching with my wife (we both ride Salsa fat bikes on sandy desert tracks) telling her I was sure you had studded tires…….. Until the end!

You’ve good technique on ice!

Howard
I was hoping the ice would have more texture than it did, and I almost had to abandon the ride before I started because it was so slippery. I eventually started letting air out until I was down at about 5psi and then it was pretty rideable. I only crashed three times! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127