DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Right angle cable for iPad Mini 4 and Mavic Pro?

richtroy

Reactions
I am enjoying the large display screen on the iPad Mini 4 using a normal USB to lightning cable. I would prefer if the cable didn't stick out so much from the IPad Mini.
If anyone has found a good and short right angle cable, please share how I could buy one?
Thanks!
ae68f217696cf7d9bc471ee8df4d6d93.jpg
323c56355f344148940112a5178b3b20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: richtroy
I am enjoying the large display screen on the iPad Mini 4 using a normal USB to lightning cable. I would prefer if the cable didn't stick out so much from the IPad Mini.
If anyone has found a good and short right angle cable, please share how I could buy one?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I second Msinger and I too have been using the Kanex Apple Certified Cable that I got from Amazon, had about 10 flights so far and works great with my iPad Mini 4. Another user reported that his Kanex broke at the lightening adapter and he bought the Custom Made Cable from Drone Valley. I have NO personal experience with the Drone Valley Cable but I tend to prefer "Apple Certified" products over custom made ones that are not--for whatever little that's worth. I included the links to both Amazon and Drone Valley's cables so you can compare.

FYI, I removed the four tiny screws that hold the plastic thing that the Kanex cable wraps into. Since I don't use it on a keychain, seems kind of pointless and it won't rub against the back of your iPad.

Happy New Year DM3.jpg

FWIW, the "Drone Valley cable" can be purchased here on Amazon for less than half the price. I haven't personally tried it, so I don't know how well it works.

Last edited:
Also, FWIW, the Drone Valley cable is one meter (3.3 feet) long, which is a tad longer than needed so you'll have to bundle it up with something or let it hang. The Kanex is eight inches.

It's the same brand then, but a different cable. The cable Drone Valley is selling is only 25 cm (9.8 inches). I don't see the shorter version on Amazon. I found a 0.2 meter (7.8 inches) version here on eBay.

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't realize the length was different, just saw the one you mentioned on Amazon. I'll stick with the Kanex until it fails. I have been rather careful with it since I read about the other user's issues.

I don't see the 20cm option there. Perhaps the "20m" is a typo?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead