DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RIP Mini #2

Reactions: RodPad
And the DAT log pretty much confirms this as the usual "uncommanded descent" typical for the Mini ... Again maxed out rear motors together with a lowered RPM for the fronts then it descents unable to maintain a negative pitch angle.

1582418961384.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104 and RodPad
Its like it was stuck. You can see for second I went neutral stick to see if it would recover. At that moment I was watching the screen and it continued a steady decent. That is when my mouth and eyes opened really wide.

His first post.

"Sudden loss of motor power and altitude fail. Would not respond to ascend input.

Any insight
?
"

With his provided data, and you data guys!
He needs to make claim with DJI!

@fastcatfur,
Whats your plan?

Rod

Yeah ... this should be claimed to DJI. Open a case & provide them the logs ... shouldn't be the slightest problem I imagine.

Only problem for @fastcatfur is if he actually want's a Mini back ... I would say in this stage, with no official announcement from DJI (if it ever comes?), that the Mini isn't safe to fly. If you do it you should be prepared to lose it.

Perhaps bring a upgrade deal up with DJI ... propose going for a MP or MA with a better then good discount?

Quick update. A Flyaway case was accepted. Good communication so far. Instructed there would be a 24-48 hour data validation time period, then a 3-5 business day analysis period.

More responsive than I would ever have expected.

Phil

Reactions: RodPad and sar104
Quick update. A Flyaway case was accepted. Good communication so far. Instructed there would be a 24-48 hour data validation time period, then a 3-5 business day analysis period.

More responsive than I would ever have expected.

Phil

This is another case that clearly demonstrates that DJI knows there is a design flaw in the Mini.

I sure hope we can get some definitive answers soon as I am still flying my mini.

For now I am just monitoring the propellers, ensuring gps, compass, imu are all calibrated and avoiding flying it full throttle and in winds above or even near its max rated.

Havent seen the max power error yet but if and when I do the flight will be ending immediately ( Fingers crossed under my own control )

Is there a thread dedicated just to the developments of this MM problem rather then individual cases?

Received email this morning that it was confirmed as a warranty case according to their data analysis and a replacement would be sent. Thanks for the nudge @RodPad to get me to report to DJI. Thanks to DJI for stepping up and taking quick action. I am certain they could have hid behind some fine EULA print, but they did not.

Phil

Reactions: Thomas B and RodPad
You're not the first, nor will be the last person to suffer from this. I also lost my drone two weeks ago and the friendly folks here helped me analyse the logs.

DJI are sending my replacement drone now, should be here early next week.

Received email this morning that it was confirmed as a warranty case according to their data analysis and a replacement would be sent. Thanks for the nudge @RodPad to get me to report to DJI. Thanks to DJI for stepping up and taking quick action. I am certain they could have hid behind some fine EULA print, but they did not.

Phil
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Your welcome!

I do nudge a lot, as long the OP keeps posting. ;)
If they start a new thread I keep following them.....

Rod

Reactions: fastcatfur
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada