DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RIP Mini #2

Welcome to the forum Phl . . . sorry you had to make your grand entrance this way. It stinks to lose a bird (not to mention 2). The pro's will be in shortly to dissect your flight data. @sar104 and @slup will hook you up.

@fastcatfur,
Welcome to the Forum!
I hate it when the first post is related to crash or lost.
I lost a bird, and it sucks. :(

#1 If you have not synced your flights with DJI, don't do it yet.
I or others can explain later.

If you don't know why and want to know..
Start with @Thomas B suggestion and his link!

What mobile device were you using?

Rod

Please don't disappear like your mini...

I repeat.

You may have more important data on your mobile that could help you and others..

Rod

That's another uncommanded descent of a Mavic Mini, triggered by a pitch excursion.

Attitude.png

Not much else to say. The sudden loss of negative pitch and altitude control is going to have been due to loss of propulsion from the rear motors/props. It's definitely a hardware/firmware fault and should be replaced under warranty, as a number of other Minis have been in similar circumstances.

Please don't disappear like your mini...

I repeat.

You may have more important data on your mobile that could help you and others..

Rod

A very good point. I make it a habit to archive logs that record all outcomes, both good and bad.

Thank you very much for the evaluation.

The first mini I lost was totally my fault. I am learning quickly. This incident was confusing to me and I needed to know that I did not do something wrong or learn from it if I did.

I did have concerns because my flight path was right on the edge of restricted, so I was not sure if this forced a landing somehow. Did not even know if this was a thing.

6 flights with an iPhone 7. I have the DAT file but Datcon is not liking my computer.

Phil

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad

Sudden loss of motor power and altitude fail. Would not respond to ascend input.

Any insight?

Phl
As I read on your shared flight data you have had 6 warnings in about last 3 minutes of your flight time.

5 warnings about “strong wind” and 1 about “high interference”.

I am not a quite experienced pilot but I think that here it maybe the cause of your MM loss.

Did you see this?

Attachments

• flight warnings.JPG
    flight warnings.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 37
As I read on your shared flight data you have had 6 warnings in about last 3 minutes of your flight time.

I am not a quite experienced pilot but I think that here it maybe the cause of your MM loss.

Did you see this?

No - the winds were light and were not the cause of the problem. The problem was the now common Mavic Mini propulsion problem.

Reactions: Thomas B and slup

Did you see this?

@sar104 are completely correct in his assessment here ... again an example of the "uncommanded descent" with a MM.

The winds according to Airdata:

1582388194740.png

Saw that @sar104 forgot the throttle inputs in his graph ... to make it completely clear. The purple graph shows max throttle but the Mini goes down anyway ...

1582388681463.png

Thank you very much for the evaluation.

The first mini I lost was totally my fault. I am learning quickly. This incident was confusing to me and I needed to know that I did not do something wrong or learn from it if I did.

I did have concerns because my flight path was right on the edge of restricted, so I was not sure if this forced a landing somehow. Did not even know if this was a thing.

6 flights with an iPhone 7. I have the DAT file but Datcon is not liking my computer.

Phil
Upload your .dat file

Two Questions
#1 Where are you stuck.
#2 What is your computer.

"It's definitely a hardware/firmware fault and should be replaced under warranty,"
#3 Are going to try having it replaced?

Rod

Reactions: Capt KO
Only drone I’ve ever owned that I cannot recommend. I wouldn’t even feel right selling it. Mine is still very usable and have all of the care refresh so I think I’m OK. Just wondering what DJI is going to do with this mess and if there’s an improved model in the works yet. Hope they’ll let me trade up to the MM 2 or Pro. 4K front OA. NEW Props! New motors?

Upload your .dat file

Two Questions
#1 Where are you stuck.
#2 What is your computer.

"It's definitely a hardware/firmware fault and should be replaced under warranty,"
#3 Are going to try having it replaced?

Rod
I can get it to CSV now, but when I upload it does not display any data. DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I have replaced. I would love to get a warranted, but not sure where even to start.

You can get Care refresh directly from the DJI website. I purchased my Refresh from DDS, DJI Drone Service, after receiving my Mini. Must be done soon after the sale.

DDS advertises here.

Reactions: fastcatfur
You can get Care refresh directly from the DJI website. I purchased my Refresh from DDS, DJI Drone Service, after receiving my Mini. Must be done soon after the sale.

DDS advertises here.
I purchased refresh with #D1, but my understanding was that you need the drone. #D1 is about 30 feet under. RIP #D2. I did not purchase refresh. #D3 I don't plan on purchasing refresh either. They are just not that expensive. The battery and the microSD are actually the crappy loss.

IMG_0382 (1).jpg

Scarlet Letter so I remember the fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS