DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Riverside County California?

I used to fly around Lake Skinner until I was told by a worker (he looks dirty for a Ranger) that I cannot fly there.

Now I don't fly at all pending a good place to fly.

Curious, the places you are talking about - are they local fields, or longer range? I'm looking for places to do some range testing that aren't way out in the desert.
Im in the mountains east of temecula about 40 minutes. Great place for range testing out here

New Mavic 2 flyer, Checking in from Riverside. Appreciate any recommendations for good places to fly responsibly. So far I've been driving to Yucaipa.

I’m in Temecula and just started flying. I have weekends free and looking for places to fly and people to learn from.
Call me sometime. Terry 951-331-5282 I can show you a few great places around here to fly. Are you flying a mavic?

Hello, Gang!
I just pick up a Mavic Pro 2. Looking for a group or someone(s) to practice and learn flying with in the Temecula/Murrieta/Menefee area.

Bummer! I was planning to go to Lake Skinner to practice flying!!!

Lake Skinner (Riv Co Parks and Open Space District) and the surrounding property (SW Riv Co Multispecies Reserve) is off limits to all RC flying, as its a wildlife reserve.You can legally fly on Cleveland NF (Palomar) and San Bernardino NF lands (San Jacinto Mtn) lands, and there are parcels of BLM land on several of the open spaces around Temecula towards Hemet and Anza that are accessible too. If you are low key about it, there is a lot of open space hills between Menifee and Hemet that are only partially developed or abandoned development and they are unfenced (Southwest of the cross of Domenigoni Pkwy and Winchester) that may be ok and rhey are not within 5 miles of Hemet/Ryan airport. Also check out your local RC club flying fields- we have one in Hemet that has some guys flying drones too, but uou have to be a member.

I use mine on public forest and BLM lands mostly, and occasionally once or twice at random times over the local unfenced private fields in our area that don’t post “no trespassing” signs. If you are legally parked along public roadways, you’re not trespassing if just flying over a open field without landing in it. I have also been given permission to fly on private property East of Temecula just by offering to give the owner some free photos of their orchard and home ( I’m 107 permitted), but you wouldn’t be trying to promote a business doing rhatnif it is to just fly for fun. You can easily find someone willing to let you if you try.

Last edited:
Need help. Do any of you guys no somebody that can mod my Mavic pro in live in Orange County or a link or Facebook. Something install software. All pay $

Newbie in Temecula with a Magic Air 2, I’ve just been practice flying in my HOA park. I didn’t see any posted signs saying I couldn’t fly but I should read the rules before I get a letter from my HOA. I live near the section of Butterfield Stage rd near Rancho California and my heard out to an empty field and fly today.

I'm in Temecula.cinhave a Mavic Pro and an Air 2S, I usually fly at Lake Elsinore or go to the Lake Elsinore Levee by the baseball field. I also fly in the open field across from my neighborhood near the Mercedes Dealership. Anyone want to get together and find some good flying spots I'm interested.

Around Yucaipa / Crafton hills there are some good places to fly. Yucaipa regional Park has no restrictions and if you walk down towards Chapman Heights you can fly around the hills and fly unrestricted. If you are into hiking take some of the trails along the Crafton Hills for some great scenery There is also an AMA field at 1985 San Timoteo Canyon Rd, Redlands, CA, 92373-8734 which is a good place to fly around the canyon. Its located at the Fisherman's Retreat.

Anybody near Temecula/Anza/Palm Desert areas?
I am in Temecula. I am a total neubie with Mavic. Came out of a Phantom Vision and a Phantom 2/H3-D2 Go-Pro.
Now I got but have not flown yet a Mini 2 (to get my feet wet), a Mini Pro to step it up before flying the Mavic 3 Classic, and a Avata Pro to learn FPV. Need to find a nice peaceful place near Temecula to practice, preferrable with others sharing the passion.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair