DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rogue drone films FBI Raid on Epstein home in Virgin Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totaly agree with the "huge can of worms" This is the kind of thing that the general non flying public fear. The think we all are invading their property and window peeking.

OOPS! should have read before I posted. This has all been covered

you mean like every other aspect of life in america? honestly there is never going to be anything that is federal only or state only; states have rights and sovereignty and to some extent, they'll try to exert some type of control over all but the highest levels of controlling the airspace. imo, the federal government control ends at regulating safety, communication, and interstate transportation and that's it. it's an overreach when you start getting into all the rules and regulations and laws and fees and fines none of which are authorized by the constitution.
Of course, states have absolutely no rights or sovereignty over airspace - a country-wide system could never work in that way. The FAA controls all airspace and aviation facilities in the country. As a result it is perfectly justified for them to set the rules and regulations that apply to anyone using national airspace.

You cannot get this close w/o the M2Z. I've tried w/ the P4PV2.0 but the winds were so high we couldn't get it close enough so I used the M2Z and it worked great! The 1st pic if from the P4 the other 2 are from the M2Z. I've tried cropping when I flew as close as possible w/o hitting the building as it's by the beach, up 3 stories, and around obstacles which has massive turbulence and you cannot see the rust details on the screw like you can with the M2Z.
9a0624ef-a588-46ba-9e01-1f4761478884_rw_1920.png89f2977f-301c-48d1-926e-0bfa3ac5a9f3_rw_3840.jpgf05daad7-6ac4-45ea-832b-c156647f629c_rw_3840.jpg

Reactions: passedpawn
I don't care who owns the airspace he was obviously interfering and involving him/herself in something he/she had no business being involved in. If ever there was a time where the FBI shooting down a drone was reasonable this is it. Sorry. I am still looking at getting my first drone and an observer not user and can tell you that from this side of the fence there is not much worse someone can do for drones in general than this.

All criticism aside, this video is a great proof of concept DJI commercial for the incredible zoom capabilities of the Mavic 2 Zoom, regardless of the purpose for which it is eventually used by each M2Z pilot. As always, the legality of the mission remains the responsibility of the pilot. Don't blame the drone or DJI for cutting edge aerial photography capability. It can be used for both good and bad intents. The SAR, commercial, and wildlife applications of a live 4x dynamic zoom on a drone for around $1200 are incredible!

**** Thread Closed Down until we can get it cleaned up***

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead