DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Roof Surveys in the UK

deano1

Reactions
I am looking for advice regarding doing roof surveys/inspections as in what end product to supply the customer, would it just be pictures and footage ? I have seen an app on DroneDeploy called roof report that will give measurements etc but this will also increase my costs, would I need to supply this sort of info also or would this be an extra ? Also pricing ? I have my Pfco and just want to get started using the aircraft (Mavic 2 zoom) to pay for itself now. Any advice or help on this would be welcome.

It would all depend on what the customer wants.

I made an inspection of my sisters roof specificity to see if any ridge tiles wanted re pointing.
Photo's of specific areas was a lot better for the task than trying to view the potential problem areas in a video but people like video for no other reason than its video.

As to cost the client was my sister so it was a coffee & biscuits ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: razoraerial
as you will be aware it is not just the drone flying that you have to consider when you come to quote for work there are other costs, and often requirements with location and getting permissions, and dont forget transport costs to and from the venue ,you need to come up with a cost per hour analisis and then factor in your profit margin, and of course there are taxes and insurance to consider as well

i am in no way trying to put you off the idea, just trying to point out that flying commercially is a lot different from hobby flying, i wish you every success in your new venture yours OMM

Any idea on settings recommended for large factory roofs photos i.e. height, angle and camera settings

Like I state ion my first post “It would all depend on what the customer wants.“
Every job will be different so it's almost impossible to give recommendations.

Dunno if this will help, but.... Are you a builder or engineer? If not, then I’m not sure how you can do this.

I work for the UK Government, and my old team manages our buildings and their maintenance and construction. So, I used to do this as part of my old role. It was always done in partnership with a construction engineer that knew what issues to look for. Just flying a drone up and filming it, it won’t be enough. You’ll need a professional to advise your customers, they will need to be suitably qualified and insured, because giving the wrong advise will get you into court with expensive legal bills sharpish.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78