DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Root Crystal Sky

Bobgossen

Reactions
I was able to root my Crystal Sky by CAREFULLY following the instructions I found on the nolimitsdronez.com site. Go to the menu, select forums and then select the first topic “NLD MOD client users guide” then scroll to bottom and select “How to: Rooting DJI Crystal Sky”. Spend a lot of time reading the directions, download and extract files for rooting into single directory (Windows PC or emulation on Mac). I was able to install Google Play Store and Services and they work perfectly with no errors. I can install almost any app directly from the Google Store. The best thing you can do before starting the process is reset the Crystal Sky to factory settings and then manually re-install the Crystal Sky firmware.

I was able to root my Crystal Sky by CAREFULLY following the instructions I found on the nolimitsdronez.com site. Go to the menu, select forums and then select the first topic “NLD MOD client users guide” then scroll to bottom and select “How to: Rooting DJI Crystal Sky”. Spend a lot of time reading the directions, download and extract files for rooting into single directory (Windows PC or emulation on Mac). I was able to install Google Play Store and Services and they work perfectly with no errors. I can install almost any app directly from the Google Store. The best thing you can do before starting the process is reset the Crystal Sky to factory settings and then manually re-install the Crystal Sky firmware.

can you explain in detail how to do a reset on the C/S...? i just recently purchased the CS/UltraBrite model & i updated it to the current monitor firmware which is @ v2.6.6.0 & DJIGO4 to v3.4.4 i've connect my M2Pro, did all the settings but the app keeps crashing.... am i missing something...?

Sure, there are 3 different steps you can try to “reset” the monitor (retry Dji go after each step):
1. Press and hold the power button until “reboot” appears, select reboot.
2. On the Crystalsky go into settings and scroll to and select “Backup & reset”. Now select “Factory data reset” to erase all data and installed 3rd party programs.
3. Do a manual re-install of the firmware. On the DJI web site search for crystalsky firmware and download the the current version for your monitor. Unzip and copy the file to a micro SD card. Insert the card into your Crystal Sky sd slot. Under settings on the CS, select “Update” and then click on the 3 dots upper right of the screen. Select local update and follow the prompts.
I hope that helps, but I have no experience with M2Pro.

I tried your procedure above but could not get my windows 10 pc to adb setup to recognize that my cs was connected to my pc, it shows up in device manager as drive F and G drive, but when I type the first command to copy the files it cant because nothing is connected, any ideas?.

I tried your procedure above but could not get my windows 10 pc to adb setup to recognize that my cs was connected to my pc, it shows up in device manager as drive F and G drive, but when I type the first command to copy the files it cant because nothing is connected, any ideas?.
When you connect to USB cable to your CS, the aux menu screen (center button) will say usb connected. do not "touch to copy files". You will not be able to detect the connection on your PC as external drives, but that's OK. go to your folder you created on the PC for your rooting files and press: shift and right click to select "open command prompt window" or "open power shell window". In that window type: abd shell or ./adb shell It should detect your CS if everything is good (mine is zs600a (5.5")). Close that window and start the rooting procedure.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Still not seeing my device Bob, I now get a PS C:/adb in the window but it does see my device.

Still not seeing my device Bob, I now get a PS C:/adb in the window but it does see my device.
In that window at the PS c:\ > prompt, type” ./adb shell “ no quotes and press return/ enter key, you should get indication that your CS is present. After that, close the window and open the terminal window by double clicking on start_shell.bat in your c:\adb folder. Then the first command you type into that window at the bash$ prompt is the “./copy.sh “ command with no quotes and continue on from there. I am not an expert, I didn’t develop the procedure. But, I did spend a number of days to fully understand the procedure and getting it to work for me. I am please to be able to help anyone that wants to try it.

"Quote In that window at the PS c:\ > prompt, type” ./adb shell ... Thats what I am doing bob and no matter what I do it does not see the device connected, I even tried it on my laptop and that told me it was connected in windows and even gave me the CS number, but still no connection from the ./adb shell command..

Your help is much appreciated

"Quote In that window at the PS c:\ > prompt, type” ./adb shell ... Thats what I am doing bob and no matter what I do it does not see the device connected, I even tried it on my laptop and that told me it was connected in windows and even gave me the CS number, but still no connection from the ./adb shell command..

Your help is much appreciated
First, the power shell window and adb shell command are not required. You can double click” start_shell.bat “ found in your c:\adb folder. At the bash$ Prompt type “ ./copy.sh “ command and see if it works. If not, I do not know what to do except try to execute the procedure from your laptop. Let me know what happens, if that doesn’t work I’d recommend a factory reset and then manual install most recent firmware before continuing.

hello

i have the same problem with CS !!

CS 7.85
windows 7

i have my ADB folder on C:/ AND all files in it... i can see the CS folder in my windows explorer...
but i get after type "adb devices" a blanc list ! no devices found
when i type "./copy.sh" i get this: "/ system / bin / sh:. /copy.sh: not found

i looking into my windows device manager.. i see that adb-device working correct (the driver is installed). i am confused

it´s possible that i used the wrong adb-interface drive in windows ???? wich one is the right ?

Last edited:
hello

i have the same problem with CS !!

CS 7.85
windows 7

i have my ADB folder on C:/ AND all files in it... i can see the CS folder in my windows explorer...
but i get after type "adb devices" a blanc list ! no devices found
when i type "./copy.sh" i get this: "/ system / bin / sh:. /copy.sh: not found

i looking into my windows device manager.. i see that adb-device working correct (the driver is installed). i am confused

it´s possible that i used the wrong adb-interface drive in windows ???? wich one is the right ?
If you have turned on USB storage in the CS, you will see the CS storage in Windows explorer. This is the wrong mode for the CS to be in. Turn off USB storage on the CS and then run the “adb devices” command again. It should now detect the CS device.

I am one step further :) it was apparently a wrong driver in the windows devicemanager ... and I use a different usb port.

now i need patched go4 app on the CS . ..

do I have to delete the original go4?
do I have to delete the DJI launcher?

I installed the "device ID" app and read out my deviceID. but what do I do with it now?

Olli

Last edited:
I am one step further :) it was apparently a wrong driver in the windows devicemanager ... and I use a different usb port.

root is ok and the playstore is installed. next problem: "un-certified device"!

I installed the "device ID" app and read out my deviceID. but what do I do with it now?

Olli
This is how you register your device with google (from nolimitsdronez.com). It took about and hour for me.

Retrieve your android device ID and register your device with Google:
----------------------------------

You need to get the android_id for your Crystalsky to register it with google so you can download and install apps from the playstore.

Download Device ID apk - Device ID_v1.3.2_apkpure.com.apk

https://apkpure.com/device-id/com.evozi.deviceid - put it on an SD card and install on your CS by running it in the CS explorer app. Once installed just run it from the main apps in the CS and it will output your android device ID.

Open this on a web browser with your Google Account and logged in. Note: This doesn't have to happen on your CS.

https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

Register your CS by typing or copy and paste your android_id and click the register button.

Wait a few minutes (this can take upwards of 10 minutes or longer if the servers are busy) for the device to be authorized on Google servers.

oh i have a problem i think :-(

i have uninstall the orginal go4 and DJIlauncher and use the nova launcher. but now i don´t have the menü if i push the middle button.
where do i adjust the brightness of the CS? in the settings I can not find the setting ...

it´s possible to install the orginal dji launcher again ? I had a backup with titanium backup made. but the "restore" does not work properly.

Last edited:
oh i have a problem i think :-(

i have uninstall the orginal go4 and DJIlauncher and use the nova launcher. but now i don´t have the menü if i push the middle button.
where do i adjust the brightness of the CS? in the settings I can not find the setting ...

it´s possible to install the orginal dji launcher again ? I had a backup with titanium backup made. but the "restore" does not work properly.

That is a problem I did not experience, but I have a few suggested avenues to explore. Play with it for awhile and see if you can get it to work ( try holding power button down and select reboot). Try factory reset again. You can delete the apps off the CS by connecting to a PC in storage mode. I don’t know if that will make it worse, but I did that before I re-installed firmware and it gave me a clean device to start over with.
You can search the web and find the method to manually reinstall the firmware and start over again ( sometimes you have do this twice).

puhh now I was really scared !! ... :) the CS is just 2 days old ...

with the firmware update was not possible because I did not come in the update menu. unless there is a possibility directly from the sd to boot / update. I do not know these.

I installed the nova-launcher again via ADB. the comes the
menu back again. then I made the new firmware update on it.
however, the playstore remained in the device and did not work anymore. I had to remove the playstore with root and "titaniumbackup" and then i start from begin again ....

now everything is good :) :)

many thanks !

I’m glad everything is OK and that I was able to offer encouragement, but I think you were able to solve this on your own. Good job !

Rooting gives you access to the root directory. This allows you to load and run many Android apps otherwise not available for the Crystal Sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54