DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rosetta Drone QGroundControl and DJI mini 2

Manny10

Reactions
Hey everybody, I am working at my university on a project to enable waypoint missions on DJI mini 2 and, after discovering that the waypointMission class does not work for DJI mini 2, I was looking for custom solutions, so I found the GitHub repository of Rosetta drone, which, if I well understood should work as "proxy" to enable the communication between QGC, which "speaks" MAVlink, and the DJI drones, which basically "speak" using a proprietary communication protocol. I have downloaded the prject built it on Android Studio and then I installed the app on my smartphone, then I downloaded QGC on my laptop and after following the guide provided on the GitHub repo of Rosetta I was able to enable the connection, using the IP adress of the PC, between the laptop, which is running QGC and the smartphone, which is running Rosetta. Up to now no problem, I was also able to connect my DJI mini 2 to Rosetta, which correctly sees it, but when I try to take off the drone from QGC and when I try to start a mission nothing happen, instead, if I manually arm and take off the drone I am then able to land it using the provided command on QGC. Now I have two questions, is Rosetta supposed to enable waypoint missions for DJI mini 2 as told in the GitHub repo? and even if it is not, I should not at least be able to use the "basic" commands of QGC such as the takeoff?
If you can give me some advice it could be great, I'm sorry if I said something stupid but I'm new to this world and I want to learn as much as possible.
Thank you in advance for your help.

I have not heard of this mission software. Hopefully. others have and can answer your questions. Good luck.

Hey everybody, I am working at my university on a project to enable waypoint missions on DJI mini 2 and, after discovering that the waypointMission class does not work for DJI mini 2, I was looking for custom solutions, so I found the GitHub repository of Rosetta drone, which, if I well understood should work as "proxy" to enable the communication between QGC, which "speaks" MAVlink, and the DJI drones, which basically "speak" using a proprietary communication protocol. I have downloaded the prject built it on Android Studio and then I installed the app on my smartphone, then I downloaded QGC on my laptop and after following the guide provided on the GitHub repo of Rosetta I was able to enable the connection, using the IP adress of the PC, between the laptop, which is running QGC and the smartphone, which is running Rosetta. Up to now no problem, I was also able to connect my DJI mini 2 to Rosetta, which correctly sees it, but when I try to take off the drone from QGC and when I try to start a mission nothing happen, instead, if I manually arm and take off the drone I am then able to land it using the provided command on QGC. Now I have two questions, is Rosetta supposed to enable waypoint missions for DJI mini 2 as told in the GitHub repo? and even if it is not, I should not at least be able to use the "basic" commands of QGC such as the takeoff?
If you can give me some advice it could be great, I'm sorry if I said something stupid but I'm new to this world and I want to learn as much as possible.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Manny, i do not have your solution. But would be interested in knowing how you got the video feed from rosetta onto your QGC. Mine is able to show connection from Rosetta to QGC but the video feed is not working. Can you share your settings or screen that you input into Rosetta app? Here are my screen shots, what am i doing wrong here (also tried changing port number inf the Drone configuration menu for Use External H.264 input - Port number 5600. Any help is much appreciated! 1692502066096.png1692502252040.png1692502225302.png

Manny, i do not have your solution. But would be interested in knowing how you got the video feed from rosetta onto your QGC. Mine is able to show connection from Rosetta to QGC but the video feed is not working. Can you share your settings or screen that you input into Rosetta app? Here are my screen shots, what am i doing wrong here (also tried changing port number inf the Drone configuration menu for Use External H.264 input - Port number 5600. Any help is much appreciated! View attachment 167281View attachment 167283View attachment 167282
the rosetta is within the qGC? and if not how do i install it on my device?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman