DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTB or return home.

PoonDog

Reactions
ok, yesterday I finally got up enough courage to fly my air higher and firther. I went up to 270 feet and ran out about a quarter mile. stopped the aircraft and hit the return button. Nothing seemed to happen. I hovered in place for about a minute then took controll and flew dack to aprox 200 yards , stopped and hit the return button again and , again, nothing happened. I flew it back manuly and landed. Today im going to go out and try again but I hoped someone could tell me what im doing wrong or what the problem may be.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

ok, yesterday I finally got up enough courage to fly my air higher and firther. I went up to 270 feet and ran out about a quarter mile. stopped the aircraft and hit the return button. Nothing seemed to happen. I hovered in place for about a minute then took controll and flew dack to aprox 200 yards , stopped and hit the return button again and , again, nothing happened. I flew it back manuly and landed. Today im going to go out and try again but I hoped someone could tell me what im doing wrong or what the problem may be.
And what have you got your RTH set to?
  • Hover in place
  • Return at current height
  • Climb to RTH height and return

Reactions: Thomas B
Also be sure when you take off to wait for the message “home point recorded, check it on the map”. Then it should work. Takes about 3 seconds at 4-20 feet straight above TO point.

Reactions: Porky
Also be sure when you take off to wait for the message “home point recorded, check it on the map”. Then it should work. Takes about 3 seconds at 4-20 feet straight above TO point.

Yea that's what I was thinking as well.

hit the return button. Nothing seemed to happen. .... hit the return button again and , again, nothing happened.
I hoped someone could tell me what im doing wrong or what the problem may be.
If you used the controller button, simply hitting it was your problem.
You have to press and hold for a second or so.
Touching it again will cancel the RTH.
It's a good idea to go to a large, open area and practise with RTH so you know how it works.

The suggestions about recording home point would not have been the issue.
Even if you were impatient and launched early, your drone would have quickly recorded a home point as soon as it got GPS reception.

If you used the controller button, simply hitting it was your problem.
You have to press and hold for a second or so.
Touching it again will cancel the RTH.
It's a good idea to go to a large, open area and practise with RTH so you know how it works.

The suggestions about recording home point would not have been the issue.
Even if you were impatient and launched early, your drone would have quickly recorded a home point as soon as it got GPS reception.
Yes!!! RTH is at some points your best friend. Only the “pause” button rivals it. They are drone savers and need to be second nature.

And what have you got your RTH set to?
  • Hover in place
  • Return at current height
  • Climb to RTH height and return
I got it figured out, got to hold the button, not just poke it. Things to learn. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67