DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH accuracy MM, Mini 2, Mini SE, what do you think your average accuracy is?

on average how far from the take off point do you think your drone land

• within 1ft

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • within 3ft

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • within 5ft

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • within 10ft

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • farther away than 10ft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can't tell you this ... also because RTH does not communicate with the app and to say we can activate RTH even only with the controller without a smartphone. the gps coordinates are recorded by the drone software and not the app.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't tell you this ... also because RTH does not communicate with the app and to say we can activate RTH even only with the controller without a smartphone. the gps coordinates are recorded by the drone software and not the app.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The Home Point coordinates are recorded in the drone. RTH could be engaged by the app, the RC or without them both.

A few important things to keep in mind:
  • The Mini, Mini 2 do not include the Precision Landing feature. Therefore, the best theoretical accuracy with GPS is 3-4 feet. Be happy when it does better than that Thumbswayup
  • GPS accuracy is far more dependent on the configuration of the visible satellites than the number... For example, three relatively close together in the sky make negligible contribution to greater accuracy than any one of them by itself in a constellation spead across the hemisphere of 10-20 satellites.

I agree that GPS position is recorded by the drone not the app. But this doesn't explain why I have more RTH accuracy using Litchi instead of DJI Go 4.0 on my Mavic Air!!!
Not sure on the DJI app, but there is a setting in Litchi called 'Minimum location accuracy'. By default it's at 10m. I'm not quite sure what it does?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bolt77