DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH after Signal Loss: log file missing?

cmusciano

Reactions
Relatively new pilot here, 10 or flights so far...

On a recent flight, my controller reported that it has lost connection to my Mavic Pro. The screen went black and white on the DJI app (running on Android, if that matters) and my heart rate went to 180 or so. I could not tell if the remote itself still had connectivity, but I hit the RTH button several times. After about 30 seconds, the Mavic sent into RTH mode (with the controller flashing this on the display) and sure enough, the drone dutifully flew back and landed at my feet. I realized later that the remote itself seemed to still be connected, but the app on my phone was not.

After marveling at this miracle of technology, I'm trying to figure out what happened. The flight logs end at the point where connectivity was lost. Surely there is a log of the flight from the start of RTH to final landing? How do I find it? I'm trying to understand what caused the signal loss to prevent this in the future.

For the record, I was flying above some distribution power lines when the loss occurred, but I've flown over them before without incident. I'm also trying to figure out if this was a drone issue, a controller issue, or an app issue. Thanks in advance for any insight or advice; this is by far the most helpful forum I've been part of in a long time!

I've attached the log file of the flight up to the start of RTH, if that helps.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-29_[16-46-19].txt
    707.9 KB · Views: 2
The flight logs end at the point where connectivity was lost. Surely there is a log of the flight from the start of RTH to final landing? How do I find it?
After the downlink drops, data is no longer stored in the TXT flight log. You'll need to retrieve the DAT flight log from the aircraft to get the data from that missing period of time. See more details here.

Relatively new pilot here, 10 or flights so far...

On a recent flight, my controller reported that it has lost connection to my Mavic Pro. The screen went black and white on the DJI app (running on Android, if that matters) and my heart rate went to 180 or so. I could not tell if the remote itself still had connectivity, but I hit the RTH button several times. After about 30 seconds, the Mavic sent into RTH mode (with the controller flashing this on the display) and sure enough, the drone dutifully flew back and landed at my feet. I realized later that the remote itself seemed to still be connected, but the app on my phone was not.

After marveling at this miracle of technology, I'm trying to figure out what happened. The flight logs end at the point where connectivity was lost. Surely there is a log of the flight from the start of RTH to final landing? How do I find it? I'm trying to understand what caused the signal loss to prevent this in the future.

For the record, I was flying above some distribution power lines when the loss occurred, but I've flown over them before without incident. I'm also trying to figure out if this was a drone issue, a controller issue, or an app issue. Thanks in advance for any insight or advice; this is by far the most helpful forum I've been part of in a long time!

I've attached the log file of the flight up to the start of RTH, if that helps.

Why are you flying above or near power lines?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd