DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH algorithm, land within 20m?

macbrush

Reactions
If I understand it correctly, if I hit RTH when the drone is within 20m of its home point, it will just land. But I have tried that a couple of times, the drone always ascent to set RTH attitude first which I had to stop it manually. This happened to both MPP that I've got.

I didn't give that much thought, until just now. My refreshed MPP crashed and destroyed. It was 6m away from home point, and 1m above the ground, I was running it's battery down for maintenance. At about 14% battery, it prompted me RTH because of low battery, so I canceled. But instead of cancelling the RTH, it went into full RTH mode, and ascent (quickly! like in sport mode) and hit a tree branch above. Let's say I've hit OK instead of Cancel by mistake. Should the drone not just land right there, because it's so close to home point?

Any advice, insight would be much appreciated.

Ken

My refreshed MPP crashed and destroyed. It was 6m away from home point, and 1m above the ground, I was running it's battery down for maintenance. At about 14% battery, it prompted me RTH because of low battery, so I canceled. But instead of cancelling the RTH, it went into full RTH mode, and ascent (quickly! like in sport mode) and hit a tree branch above.
Per the Mavic manual, this is what the Mavic should have done in that situation:

Manual.jpg

Thanks... and I might possibly hit Cancel, then hit Cancel again when it asked me whether I really want to cancel.

Also, DJI no longer recommends draining the battery for maintenance. There is a lot of good stuff in the manual to read.

At the critical battery level (defaults to 10%) the Mavic should again give a warning and just land.

At the critical battery level (defaults to 10%) the Mavic should again give a warning and just land.
While the critical low battery warning will always be displayed at the set level, the auto landing does not always occur at a specific percentage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000