DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Altitude Question

PBDawg

Reactions
I am wondering what the Mavic Mini would do in the following hypothetical situation:

Let's say that I set my return to home altitude to 50 meters. I then proceed to fly some distance away and attain an altitude of 100 meters at which point I use RTH. Will the Mini descend to 50 meters, fly back to the home point and descend to the ground, or will it remain at 100 meters and descend to the ground after arriving at the home point?

Let's say that I set my return to home altitude to 50 meters. I then proceed to fly some distance away and attain an altitude of 100 meters at which point I use RTH. Will the Mini descend to 50 meters, fly back to the home point and descend to the ground, or will it remain at 100 meters and descend to the ground after arriving at the home point?
DJI drones never descend to reach RTH height.

That's why it sucks big time using RTH if windy and you are at a high altitude.
I would always recommend dropping first then hitting RTH if you needed to
If you have signal connection to the drone, you can make the drone climb or descend during RTH.
If your drone is in RTH because you flew too far and lost signal, you just have to hope you weren't flying too high for the conditions.
But if your drone is in RTH and having trouble with wind strength, that's a clue that your flight planning wasn't very good in the first place.

If your return flight is likely to have trouble with wind, you flew in the wrong direction to start your flight.

Reactions: thigg74
I'm old, and used to paper manual books, sure wish that dji would have charged me an extra two bucks, and included one.
I'am old too from the GOOD old school and i understand your feelings but DJI goes with the 98% majority of people that have good knowledge of the internet, and not sending paper manuals !! ? I would have prefer like you to have that piece of paper that i could bring around with me for referrals .

I'am old too from the GOOD old school and i understand your feelings but DJI goes with the 98% majority of people that have good knowledge of the internet, and not sending paper manuals !! ? I would have prefer like you to have that piece of paper that i could bring around with me for referrals .
Great bathroom reading ;)

The online guides/manuals/videos can be saved to your phone/tablet for future reference... or bathroom reading. Important sections could be printed out if that works better. Also I dislike the guides that come with 10 pages but only a couple of pages in a language that I understand. It's usually just a guide to cover the highlights, not in enough detail for me.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony