DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH and Obstacle Avoidance

blitzrn69

Reactions
What if i lost signal completely, no video feed and trigger the RTH. En route to home with no video feed will the drone just stop if it detects something? Or light from the sun? What are the safety measures when video feed is gone while RTH and obstacle avoidance on? I have the mavic pro and air. Thanks.

Most if not all the Mavics have obstacle avoidance even during RTH. The OA is not dependent on the app, the RC or the main camera for that matter.

What if i lost signal completely, no video feed and trigger the RTH. En route to home with no video feed will the drone just stop if it detects something? Or light from the sun? What are the safety measures when video feed is gone while RTH and obstacle avoidance on? I have the mavic pro and air. Thanks.
That is a good question. The obvious answer is to make sure RTH altitude is set more that high enough to get you home in the situation you are in. Second, flying into the sun on the way out would prevent problems if it can RTH with the sun at its back. Always plan and prepare BEFORE you fly!

Reactions: charliesRig
Is there an option to just turn off obstacle avoidance when RTH is triggered?
I do not know why you would want to do that. You could be watching it come home and hit a pole or something before you could regain control and stop it. NOT a good idea!

Reactions: charliesRig
A real man doesnt read to instructions until there is a problem. Thats what Wives are for!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78