DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH but not landing

Check your sensor tab, advanced settings, Landing protection...is it off or on? If on, turn it off and do a test flight.

Attachments

• Landing.jpg
    Landing.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Most likely it Registered your Home Point after you took off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow
Never heard about that, it should just land as Homepoint is 2D space....but what the heck...I have heard of stranger things :p I routinely reset my homepoint in the air...it always lands if I let it.

What would be the connection to the described problem?
Just trying to see if it is preventing the landing, it was a hail Mary. DJI doesn't have a toggle to stop the autolanding sequence on RTH. It RTH and delays for set seconds then initiates landing sequence. It can be manually canceled before or during, but if nothing is done it will auto land. The only thing is if the aircraft determines it isn't safe to land...highly improbable at RTH height...just stabbing at it is all :)

To the OP how long are you giving it to complete sequence? I have never timed the M2 series but the P4 was right about 10 seconds from RTH and landing sequence.

If the M2P detects an improper landing site it will hover, but offers the option to land anyway if working properly.
Have you tried in a different location?

I have had my M2 give a warning like Thomas B referenced, but it was a note that came across on my Smart Controller. The situation was on a back porch up in the mountains. The M2 came all the way home, but stopped about two feet off the porch when it sensed the steps down to a lower level about a foot away from the landing point. I just pulled down on the left stick and it landed.

If you are not using a landing target, I would strongly recommend it. Try to use one that has a color that is in sharp contrast to the color of where you are placing it. It has always worked for me.

I have not experienced this and I doubt if the drone detecting the ground being uneven is the reason because under that circumstance, the app will tell you so and ask if you want to proceed with landing.

However, I do have experienced my M2P not willing to land when hovering in front of me even if I pulled down the throttle stick fully. There was not any warnings or messages on the app interface. That happened when I was doing some tests on the bottom sensors and the cameras were taped up. Turning off VPS fixed the problem. May be there are some problems with the bottom camera sensors on your drone ? You can try turning off the VPS and see if the problem will go away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute