DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH change in new DJI fly app

Hi Joe, not sure what software you are running, but the user adjustable RTH altitude has been in all DJI apps, (DJI go, go4, and fly). It's never not been there. They, DJI, like many (microsoft) have a tendency to put things in different places at times, but keeping the same functionality.

In the current DJI fly app v1.2.2... all devices have current firmware
on my mini 2, under settings, safety tab, flight protection, you can set auto rth altitude from 42.2ft to 1640ft
on my ma2, under settings, safety tab, flight protection, you can set auto rth altitude from 65.6ft to 1640ft

Hope this helps!

Happy and safe flying!
Thanks for the reply, I could have sworn when I hit the RTH it did not climb to my pre-set altitude of 395'
I will recheck tonite or tomorrow and post back. (running 1.2.2)

Thanks for the reply, I could have sworn when I hit the RTH it did not climb to my pre-set altitude of 395'
I will recheck tonite or tomorrow and post back. (running 1.2.2)
When you engaged RTH, were you within 50m of HP? THAT is what this topic is about.

With latest MA2 firmware the distance where RTH stays at altitude changed from the original 20m to now 50m.
If you are within 5m, it will land.

If you are beyond 20m (older firmware or other models) or 50m (MA2 current firmware), it will behave as you expect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032