DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH in app issue

FlyAwayPTSD

Reactions
So at first i thought I might have selected the wrong option when selecting RTH cause the MP to just land. Luckily it was too far out and I noticed it just descend behind the trees and I stopped it. I then brought it closer, RTH once more, and again, it begins to just land!!

Not sure whats going on here but I noticed a few people downgrading to 400. Just did that tonight so hopefully that issue is gone for now.

Good thing it wasnt too far to notice and someone got a Mavic gift wrapped on their doorstep

I think, if you read the manual closely, you'll find that RTH near to the marked takeoff (home) point results in the MP just landing. I forget the distances, but you've got to be a ways off from the home point before RTH really...well...returns to home.

I'm aware, no newbie to DJI here lol. I was approx 400 out at the time.
I'm not aware of this problem with any of the FW updates. Since you didn't state the details of your experience, we don't know how to help and don't want to assume anything. So I'll ask, you do have your RTH set to return home, and not land or hover?

If you'd like to dig into this some more, upload your TXT flight log here and see if it indicates what happened. Post a link back here if you'd like other people to review it and comment on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh