DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH malfunctions

Doytdoyt

Reactions
After insuring that home point is set properly, RTH is activated at end of flight and my Mavic Pro wants to land wherever it is. Fortunately it has always been in line of sight every time this has occurred, cause I really have to fight it to keep it from landing where it is. Ideas?

He is pushing the RTH button, I dont think this setting changes what happens with the button push, does it?

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
After insuring that home point is set properly, RTH is activated at end of flight and my Mavic Pro wants to land wherever it is. Fortunately it has always been in line of sight every time this has occurred, cause I really have to fight it to keep it from landing where it is. Ideas?

How, exactly, are you activating RTH?

I'm sorry. I'm a bit confused. I was thinking signal loss where you can set return, hover or land.

Sar noticed that the OP never actually said how the RTH is being activated....
So there is a chance that "at the end of the flight" means he is just shutting off the remote, and waiting for the mavic to come home. :D

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Sar noticed that the OP never actually said how the RTH is being activated....
So there is a chance that "at the end of the flight" means he is just shutting off the remote, and waiting for the mavic to come home. :D

More particularly, a number of people have ended up pushing the wrong button on the app - the autoland button rather than the RTH button.

Because the OP is mentioning he is in VLOS when activation RTH I will just add this form the manual: The drone will just land if RTH is activated within 5m of the homepoint, or 10m if the vision system is deactivated. (RTH safety Notices 3 and 4 from page 16 of the manual)

also it will autoland when at critical battery level, regardless where it is, which could be why the OP mentioned he is "fighting" the drone.

Or, when he says it was always within los, ....edit, Laurens beat me to it!

I just received my Mavic Air in which I have a question; Once you set one of the three options, does that option become the default for all flights? Thanks, Ray

Yes. It's stored in he Mavic itself (because RTH is usually activated when the controller is disconnected from the Mavic).

However!!!! May I please make a suggestion??? If a firm/software change has been made, it is very advisable before TO, to check that all your settings are correct....

Reactions: Flycaster

I think earlier posters have identified the problem. If that’s not the case, then I was going to say, although you say you ensured the home point was set before (or shortly after) taking off, did you notice where the home point was after it tried to land? Had it changed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak