DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH message

greymonkey

Reactions
Whilst flying today I had RTH set at 40M, and began ascending a rock face eventually to about 50M at top. I glimpsed a message on screen but didn't note it properly except that it was to do with RTH. As I was ascending the obstacle sensors picked up the rock face so I'm wondering if it was warning me that there was an obstacle higher than my RTH height. Nothing was a concern but could this be the reason, nothing reported in notifications on healthy drones?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So I noticed that the "high wind warning" verbiage changed after the last DJI go 4 update.

Instead of 'high wind fly with caution' it says to 'hit the RTH button, wind velocity too high' (approximately, don't have it in front of me)

Freaks me out way more than 'it's just a little windy, be careful'. It feels like a liability if you don't bring it back!

That might have been what you saw, it doesn't show up in the logs or on healthy drones either.

Yes that makes sense because I was just going over the top where the wind would have picked up, [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This wouldn't be a means for DJI to wriggle should somebody make a claim and it was found that the RTH warning was ignored in the flight logs (although you say that it doesn't show)? Or am being far too paranoid? It seems a bizarre message to me.. I'd never finish a flight as I get the high wind warning in 90% of my flights..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661