DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Not Working and AC Keeps Ascending

gingercookie

Reactions
Good day everyone.

Few days ago I did my usual flight and when I hit RTH, the AC move forward for 2-3 seconds and starting to ascend for 5 meters++. Earlier I thought it was some wind or etc and I ignored the problem.

Today I tried again on RTH, just to make sure it can do RTH automatically. The same error happened again, it moved forward for 2-3 seconds, and ascended for 5m, continue moved forward, ascended.. repetitively until it reached the Home Point.

I did another test by turned off some downward sensors, I brought the AC near to me and perform RTH again, same error as well.

I tried look at the flight record logs, no error/warning has been given.

Does anyone experiences this before? Need experts advise too in MavicPilots forum. Thanks in advance!

The flight logs Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Good day everyone.

Few days ago I did my usual flight and when I hit RTH, the AC move forward for 2-3 seconds and starting to ascend for 5 meters++. Earlier I thought it was some wind or etc and I ignored the problem.

Today I tried again on RTH, just to make sure it can do RTH automatically. The same error happened again, it moved forward for 2-3 seconds, and ascended for 5m, continue moved forward, ascended.. repetitively until it reached the Home Point.

I did another test by turned off some downward sensors, I brought the AC near to me and perform RTH again, same error as well.

I tried look at the flight record logs, no error/warning has been given.

Does anyone experiences this before? Need experts advise too in MavicPilots forum. Thanks in advance!

The flight logs Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

If you were flying below the RTH height that you had set then it will always ascend to the set RTH height. This is normal.

If you were flying below the RTH height that you had set then it will always ascend to the set RTH height. This is normal.

Hi, this not normal. Refer to the video, it moved forward, stop, ascend, forward, stop, ascend.

I also shown the RTH setting, the configure height is 100m, it returned at the height of 133m.

It's not facing the sun light, the sky is clear. No bird and etc ;)

Hi, this not normal. Refer to the video, it moved forward, stop, ascend, forward, stop, ascend.

I also shown the RTH setting, the configure height is 100m, it returned at the height of 133m.

It's not facing the sun light, the sky is clear. No bird and etc ;)

It really looks like obstacle avoidance for some reason. If all your sensors are clean then perhaps you need to calibrate the VPS but normally it would give you a message at startup if that was required.

It really looks like obstacle avoidance for some reason. If all your sensors are clean then perhaps you need to calibrate the VPS but normally it would give you a message at startup if that was required.

Let me try to calibrate all and see whether it works ;)

If you upload your TXT flight log here, you can see if obstacle avoidance was being triggered while your Mavic was trying to return home. Look for any RTH-related messages in the column on the right.

If you upload your TXT flight log here, you can see if obstacle avoidance was being triggered while your Mavic was trying to return home. Look for any RTH-related messages in the column on the right.

Thanks for the info. I tried calibrated all I could on the Mavic, I tried again and having the same issue. Can't do RTH.

I tried clean the sensors as well :D

Yep. That's OA behaviour.

Turn off "Obstacle Avoidance in RTH" in the menu then try it.

I will tried again to turn off OA completely. Will report again. Thanks.

Be right back soon.

Hey guys. It seems my sensor having issue. The only way to make RTH works is turn off Smart Return Home.

During RTH it still buzzing and giving error object detected. ;(

Weirdly, my beeping on RC has disappeared. No more beeping on RC, only vibrating.

Hey guys. It seems my sensor having issue. The only way to make RTH works is turn off Smart Return Home.

During RTH it still buzzing and giving error object detected. ;(

Weirdly, my beeping on RC has disappeared. No more beeping on RC, only vibrating.
report it to DJI, it's a hardware issue!
they should give you another Mavic, the video and logs you posted are a good proof. good luck [emoji6]

Great day everyone

Just an update on the error I had earlier. Found out from DJI forum that we can do Vision Positioning System Calibration with DJI Assistant 2 apps (running on Windows/Mac).

After performed the calibration for forward and downward sensors, the false alarm of objected detected is now... Gone ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup I was able to do RTH without the errors.

Here is the video on how to perform calibration on Vision Positioning System

Another note for Mac user, if you see "Out of Frame" error before calibration kick start, make sure you set your Mac screen resolution to lower resolution as below.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 20.41.21.png

Hope this tips helps for future MV Pilots ;););)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure