DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH pauses for few seconds and continue flying home

joenefloresca

Reactions
Hi I have this issue that happened couple if times. In this video you can see that after RTH was initiated, the drone flies back to home but as you can see it paused for like 6 to 8 seconds then continue flying back home. It happened two times in this flight.

I did not pressed any controls aside from gimbal tilt when it pauses the RTH. Did this happened to you as well? I've got no errors. OA is turned on as well. I am not sure if is is the sun but I did not see any elevation change if it is avoiding something.

Flight Log from AIR Data and Phantom Help :

You can check the 2:30 and 4:40

I am now uploading the video, will update this post once uploaded.

Hi I have this issue that happened couple if times. In this video you can see that after RTH was initiated, the drone flies back to home but as you can see it paused for like 6 to 8 seconds then continue flying back home. It happened two times in this flight.

I did not pressed any controls aside from gimbal tilt when it pauses the RTH. Did this happened to you as well? I've got no errors. OA is turned on as well. I am not sure if is is the sun but I did not see any elevation change if it is avoiding something.

Flight Log from AIR Data and Phantom Help :

You can check the 2:30 and 4:40

I am now uploading the video, will update this post once uploaded.
As you have posted in the Mavic Air section, I will assume you are referring to that aircraft.
Please read the user manual carefully - especially the part referring to RTH behavior.
The Mavic Air was the first DJI aircraft to behave differently during certain RTH conditions and will attempt to retrace its outwards route before pausing if RF link is reestablished.
it is explained in the manual, which presumably you read.

As you have posted in the Mavic Air section, I will assume you are referring to that aircraft.
Please read the user manual carefully - especially the part referring to RTH behavior.
The Mavic Air was the first DJI aircraft to behave differently during certain RTH conditions and will attempt to retrace its outwards route before pausing if RF link is reestablished.
it is explained in the manual, which presumably you read.

Hi. Thanks for the response. Yes I am aware of that retracing route of Mavic Air. I'm just not sure if that the case on my flight because if I remember correctly, the Air will just retrace if there is an obstacle along the way. And in my flight there is no obstacle. I am at a height and return home height which does not have anything that will block me.

So I am really not sure why it happened. I hope it really is just tracing the route back.

Hi. Thanks for the response. Yes I am aware of that retracing route of Mavic Air. I'm just not sure if that the case on my flight because if I remember correctly, the Air will just retrace if there is an obstacle along the way. And in my flight there is no obstacle. I am at a height and return home height which does not have anything that will block me.

So I am really not sure why it happened. I hope it really is just tracing the route back.
No - it will retrace it’s route irrespective of any obstacles.

From the manual:
When Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft starts to retrace its original flight route home.
If the remote control signal is re-established within 60 seconds of Failsafe RTH being activated, the aircraft hovers at its present location for 10 seconds and waits for pilot commands.
The user may tap in the DJI GO 4 or press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel Failsafe RTH and retake control.
If no pilot command is given, the aircraft flies to the Home Point in a straight line.
If the remote control signal is still lost 60 seconds after activating Failsafe RTH, the aircraft stops retracing its original flight route and flies to the home point in a straight line.

Reactions: joenefloresca
I checked again and I think I'm wrong that the retracing of route will kick in even if there is no obstacle. So I think that's the reason why. I will test and try to fly in zigzag.

No - it will retrace it’s route irrespective of any obstacles.

From the manual:
When Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft starts to retrace its original flight route home.
If the remote control signal is re-established within 60 seconds of Failsafe RTH being activated, the aircraft hovers at its present location for 10 seconds and waits for pilot commands.
The user may tap in the DJI GO 4 or press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel Failsafe RTH and retake control.
If no pilot command is given, the aircraft flies to the Home Point in a straight line.
If the remote control signal is still lost 60 seconds after activating Failsafe RTH, the aircraft stops retracing its original flight route and flies to the home point in a straight line.

Thanks for this. I think this is it. I will test again.

The first go home was indeed a Failsafe RTH and what the Editor said applies.

1580916144230.png

But the second was a Smart RTH initiated by pressing the RTH button on the remote and the pause should not have happened (at least according to what is in the manual)

1580916282820.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin