DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Settings

I did not see anyone talk about the horizontal distance
From the mountain or cliff.
Let's say you are on the top of a 1000 ft cliff or mountain and you fly out 200 ft and and the GL is now 1000 ft below you. I believe you are OK out to 400 ft but past that you exceeded the legal limit. The height above ground level applies to horizontal as well as vertical. You OK if the ground is 400 ft or less in any direction except above you !
What do you guys think ?
Not sure how the FAA are going to interpret that one, but here in the UK, we are restricted to 400ft (120 metres) "from the surface" ... This means that we don't work to a vertical height above ground, but a perpendicular distance from the ground. That means that you can fly up a 500ft cliff-face, but you must remain within 400ft of that cliff-face ...

400_2.jpg 400ft.jpg

Not sure how the FAA are going to interpret that one, but here in the UK, we are restricted to 400ft (120 metres) "from the surface" ... This means that we don't work to a vertical height above ground, but a perpendicular distance from the ground.
That's how the rules currently work for Part 107 flights in the US. The new rules make no mention of staying within X feet of a structure, but I suspect the FAA will allow the same for hobbyist flights since they already deemed that to be safe enough for commercial flights.

I'm new to drones with new Mavic 2 Pro. I live on a mountain, elevation 4800 ft above msl, and about 800 feet above the valley floor I'd like to fly over. I presume once I leave the mountain I need to descend to 400 ft agl. If I'm taking off from the top of my mountain, I don't quite understand what settings I need to change, e.g., rth altitude, max flight altitude, and rth at current altitude - what do these need to be at to get rth to come back up correctly?

Regards: Email you sent from Outlook getting kicked back, Twilight Wet Suit Info

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian