DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Starts Landing Without Return to Home

daddioJP

Reactions
I searched the forums and found many RTH issues discussed, but haven't found this one yet. Within the last month or two, on my M2P when I use automated RTH the drone will signal that RTH is initiated but instead of flying back home, it will start landing where it is. I know this happens if the drone is within 20 meters, but this is happening at 100 or 200 feet away from Home. Plenty of satellites, no compass errors on takeoff, all other flight operations perform as expected. I canceled the RTH and flew back and landed manually.

Could this be a calibration issue? Any suggestions?

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Are you waiting long enough at takeoff where a message comes up telling you that the Homepoint has been updated in a friendly female voice?

Reactions: Thomas B and Dan C
Could this be a calibration issue? Any suggestions?
No it's not a calibration issue.
This mystery is almost certainly able to be solved from the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet