DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH - trying to land in water....

collins

Reactions
First of all this problem has only occurred after the recent firmware update.

A couple of days ago I was using my Mavic on the beach and flying over the sea (which was pretty flat). When pressing RTH instead of climbing to the RTH height I set (60m) and then returning to its Home point, my Mavic stayed where it was and started to descend (with Landing appearing on my controller). This happened on 3 separate occasions (one of which was a test to see if it would act differently). RTH worked normally when the Mavic was over the beach (instead of the sea). I obviously didnt test whether it would actually land in the sea.

In my test I deliberately set the Mavic height at 20m and pressed RTH and,yes, it decided to descend rather than rise. I have flown over the sea many times before and never had this problem.

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else or perhaps if the firmware update had reset and option that was causing this.

How far away was it? If its within 60ft it'll land where it is.

Check out one of your TXT flight logs to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Nope, good suggestion but I was 300-400m away from the Mavic.

OK, what was the distance to home point on the RC saying at the time?

(Best advice is probably upload the text logs as stated above).

Check out one of your TXT flight logs to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Sounds like a plan. I will see what I can find and report back or post the data log.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78