DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH way off

mitikoki

Reactions
I tried the RTH and the drone is always off by 5-10 feet, I tried everything like hovering for 1 minute and the slowly going to 22 feet and hovering fur a minute there and it’s always off not even close , I calibrated everything and everything is updated to the latest firmware, I’ve had this ma2 for just under 1 month. This is not my first dji drone and I never had this issue before.
What else could I do? Thank you for your help

I tried the RTH and the drone is always off by 5-10 feet, I tried everything like hovering for 1 minute and the slowly going to 22 feet and hovering fur a minute there and it’s always off not even close , I calibrated everything and everything is updated to the latest firmware, I’ve had this ma2 for just under 1 month. This is not my first dji drone and I never had this issue before.
What else could I do?
Re calibrating things and updating firmware is never going to have any impact on RTH autolanding precision.
Landing within 5-10 feet of the launch point is quite normal and indicates that the drone is using GPS alone for landing guidance.
There are a number of factors that may prevent the precision landing feature's ability to work.
These are listed in the manual.
The Precision Landing performance is subject to the following conditions:
a. The Home Point must be recorded upon takeoff and must not be changed during flight. Otherwise, the aircraft will have no record of the Home Point terrain features.
b. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend vertically 7 m before moving horizontally.
c. The Home Point terrain features must remain largely unchanged.
d. The Home Point terrain features must be sufficiently distinctive.
e. The lighting conditions must not be too light or too dark.

You can do a search on the subject and see some of the things tried.
I am with Cyborg that it is nice to have but I rather land it myself.

What else could I do? Thank you for your help
This is guaranteed to help with that problem: Get yourself a lunch pad the standard blue and orange one. The reason is if you take your drone off on your driveway it marks the home point using the bottom sensors, so when you hit RTH your driveway looks all the same to the Drone Sensors. If you don't want to get a lunch pad take some duct tape make X on your driveway a little bigger than the size of the Drone you can even try a rubber car mat or a small thin rug....

I don't really consider 5-10 feet to be "way off".

tbh I only use RTH to get back to the vicinity of my home point, especially if I've flown quite far away and don't want to manually fly all the way back.

But for the final approach and landing, I always go manual. Firstly because I don't really want to leave it entirely to AI in case it goes wrong. Secondly I like to practice hand landing as much as possible even when it is unnecessary, so I will be comfortable doing when I have to land somewhere without a suitable landing zone. (On a boat, for example.)

This is guaranteed to help with that problem: Get yourself a lunch pad the standard blue and orange one. The reason is if you take your drone off on your driveway it marks the home point using the bottom sensors, so when you hit RTH your driveway looks all the same to the Drone Sensors. If you don't want to get a lunch pad take some duct tape make X on your driveway a little bigger than the size of the Drone you can even try a rubber car mat or a small thin rug....

I have a pad, I even tried both sides to see if color made a difference and got the same result.

Unless the reinforcement steel causes a problem.

I follow this guy on Youtube so on with the test.

If I want Precision landing I will use auto take off and immediately rise to about 20 foot and pause for 20 seconds or so. One must make sure not to input ANY other stick than straight up, bumping yaw, roll or pitch will cancel the loading of Precision Landing sequence.

I have a pad, I even tried both sides to see if color made a difference and got the same result.
I only use my landing pad when I go somewhere I just launch off my driveway all the time, I just tried the RTH and it's off about 7 feet. So i tried it with my orange landing pad and it landing on the pad perfect. Also when you take off and it marks the homepointe let it hover for about 5 Seconds to give sensors a little time to map the ground.

I know this was with the Mavic 2 Pro but I will repeat the same test with the Mavic Air 2. This time the rain caught me @Phantomrain.org will love this video because I am his kind of customer !! LOL
Check how quickly the weather change in Florida.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I know this was with the Mavic 2 Pro but I will repeat the same test with the Mavic Air 2. This time the rain caught me @Phantomrain.org will love this video because I am his kind of customer !! LOL
Check how quickly the weather change in Florida.

I cannot get that Wet Suit out to you fast enough, Plus I thru in a nice surprise you , im so glad i did.
Your going to love it. ?

I cannot get that Wet Suit out to you fast enough, Plus I thru in a nice surprise you , im so glad i did.
Your going to love it. ?
Shipping tracking says will be here tomorrow if the post office does not run in delays that is happening often now. Thanks again buddy !!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
čikuli