Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH with crashed app?

Simmo

Learning every day!!
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Am I missing something here???
On another page I am on, a so-called experienced pilot has said that if Go4 crashes, even RTH from the RC wont work??? ( I can understand the screen RTH not being able to be accessed)
I can see that if the app were still running, but there was a disconnect from the RC to AC, pressing the button wouldn't work, but in 3 seconds, the AC should do it on its own???
So his comment is "the controller rth won’t work either if the app crashes."
Have I been thinking wrongly all this time???
@msinger @sar104

Reactions: Former Member
On another page I am on, a so-called experienced pilot has said that if Go4 crashes, even RTH from the RC wont work??? ( I can understand the screen RTH not being able to be accessed)
I can see that if the app were still running, but there was a disconnect from the RC to AC, pressing the button wouldn't work, but in 3 seconds, the RC should do it on its own???
@msinger @sar104
He is wrong. Simple as that.
You can rth a flight even if you never connected a phone to begin with, if the RC/AC connection drops, RTH is automatically started.

I would also add, that people that make these type of statements never read the manual, and dont know you have to push and hold the RTH button to engage it from the remote.

Reactions: Former Member
I can see that if the app were still running, but there was a disconnect from the RC to AC, pressing the button wouldn't work, but in 3 seconds, the AC should do it on its own???
@msinger @sar104
RTH absolutely works without GO4 .... I always test this function after every firmware update by flying the Mavic 200 feet away and 100 feet up then turn off the RC.

It comes home every time and lands right on my launch pad.

So whoever told you this is very wrong and definitely not and expert :)

RTH absolutely works without GO4 .... I always test this function after every firmware update by flying the Mavic 200 feet away and 100 feet up then turn off the RC.

It comes home every time and lands right on my launch pad.

So whoever told you this is very wrong and definitely not and expert :)
The question was if the RTH button on the RC works within the app. But your comment certainly would be a workaround if RTH didn't work without the app, better yet shows it makes sense RTH works without the app.

@msinger @sar104

Perhaps a misunderstanding? Obviously it works whether the app is running, crashed or was never launched. RTH is initiated by the GO app button, the RC button, or an RC > AC uplink disconnect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67