DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH within 20m idea versus beyond 20m

nutsnbolts

Reactions
So I have a quick question regarding return to home. If you go beyond 20 and initiate return to home the Drone will fly up to the designated height that you specified before coming back home. Within 20 meters, when initiating return to home it is supposed to just Land versus rising up to the designated height and returning to the home location is that correct?

If that is the case what's the thought and why it doesn't go back to the home Point versus just dropping down to the ground. I know 20 is not a far walk but if I was flying within a confined area straight up and initiate return to home that's within 20 I would expect it to land back to the same location i just don't understand why it doesn't do that.

Per the "Return-to-Home" section of the Mavic manual:

Mnaual.jpg

That's a very important (and a bit complicated) section of the Mavic manual. I recommend you take the time to read that section carefully in its entirety.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of DJI engineers? I'm guessing that if it is that close they think you can take over and control the landing.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Yeah, I don't know the logic behind that 20m thing. But then again, I thought the 500m ATOP limit is also arbitrary, until it struck me that it takes about 10% (critical battery level) to descend from 500m at default 3m/s.

I'll think more about 20m...

until it struck me that it takes about 10% (critical battery level) to descend from 500m at default 3m/s
Be careful with that one. The battery will not always reach the critically low level at 10%. It could occur before that.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54