DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH

If RTH is initiated while there is no GPS connection, the aircraft will land at its current location.

In my experience my Mavic Pro GPS receivers is very good, maintaining gps lock even under tree cover. I do always make sure that I have good gps signal before flying.

Something to consider ... If you have lost GPS connection, then it is very likely because your Mavic is under something that is screening it from the sky. If you do engage RTH, then the first thing the Mavic will normally do is rise up to the RTH height that you have set ... So - if your Mavic is under something (e.g. a bridge), you really don't want that to happen! ?

Reactions: Thomas B
If flying under tree cover I always turn off smart RTH and set Hover as the action on loss of signal. Always fly in line of site and be prepared for ATTI mode. Keep an eye on battery levels. Basically, fly the drone.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Something to consider ... If you have lost GPS connection, then it is very likely because your Mavic is under something that is screening it from the sky.
That's correct
If you do engage RTH, then the first thing the Mavic will normally do is rise up to the RTH height that you have set ... So - if your Mavic is under something (e.g. a bridge), you really don't want that to happen!
If you are talking about a loss of GPS situation, that's not going to happen (see post #2).
However it is an issue for loss of control signal incidents where GPS is not lost.
If you choose to fly under a bridge, it's important to make sure that you have a clear line of sight to avoid losing control signal.

Reactions: Thomas B
If you are talking about a loss of GPS situation, that's not going to happen (see post #2).
However it is an issue for loss of control signal incidents where GPS is not lost.
If you choose to fly under a bridge, it's important to make sure that you have a clear line of sight to avoid losing control signal.
You are right - thanks for the correction ... It's loss of 'controller' that will prompt an RTH ...

Something to consider ... If you have lost GPS connection, then it is very likely because your Mavic is under something that is screening it from the sky. If you do engage RTH, then the first thing the Mavic will normally do is rise up to the RTH height that you have set ... So - if your Mavic is under something (e.g. a bridge), you really don't want that to happen! ?
With no GPS it wouldn't rise, just land

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.