DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH

MAGA

Reactions
without being shamed or belittled , please
why is my M2P returning to home based on amount of battery life left , then it arrives with 30% battery left? is there antway to change this?

Reactions: charliesRig
why is my M2P returning to home based on amount of battery life left , then it arrives with 30% battery left? is there antway to change this?
I'm not sure what the perceived problem is.
You don't want your drone to be getting back with 0% or even 10% on the gauge.
The auto setting is conservative.
If you want to fly more than leaving RTH to do its own thing, you can cancel RTH and resume control.
But it's a good idea to keep a safety margin to allow for unpleasant surprises.

You can go into battery setting and change the battery voltage upon which
The craft will return

...,cR

Reactions: MAGA
You can go into battery setting and change the battery voltage upon which
The craft will return

...,cR

No - you cannot change that setting - it's dynamically calculated based on distance from the home point.

After reading all of the fly away and crash posts, I am more than happy to head for home on the first battery warning.

As the new a member here & drone owner the RTH features and necessary battery level has been well documented. See too many crash reports around this issue.

Not a new subject, has been discussed in several other threads. I agree it is a little mysterious, it would be interesting to no the equations behind it in which case you could make a decision whether to ignore it for a while or not. However I’m super careful and don’t hesitate to return home, stick in a new battery and live to fly again.

Reactions: Thomas B
The setting is on the conservative side.I have gotten to know more or less the % needed to get home.Usually this will be ok but a wind shift and other factors may take more than the battery will allow.Yourdrone/your risk.and liability if it lands on someone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga