DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rules\Capability of flying at border of Controlled AirSpace

Adrian

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I've got a company picnic coming up, at a small public park located on the outer border of Controlled AirSpace. We are looking to capture some pictures and video of the event from no more than 10 Meters up, and lasting no more than 1 hour.

I was wondering if it's even possible for my Mavic to take off in this zone? I have used AirMap to plan my flight, and save all my information regarding that flight.

Do I need to contact the private airfield and notify them and/or request permission to fly?
Do I need any kind of code to be able to activate flying in this zone, or will the Mavic still be able to take off?
Or will the Mavic not take off at this location, and flying within the above stated limits a No-No?

Here is a screen capture from AirMap of where I'd like to fly in relation to the airfield:

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi, contact ATC (air traffic control) and tell them what you want to do. How high you want to fly and the start and end times of your flying. They will probaly be fine. But they do need to know and its good airmanship to make sure you talk to them first. during my years of flying a balloon (without a radio) ATC would always be fine as long as you ask first. enjoy your picnic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11