DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rules to enter Honduras "Roatan" with mavic

dfrancos

Reactions
Any Rules to enter Honduras "Roatan" with mavic Drone? does Honduras hate travelers with drones?

Flying from Houston to Roatan.

Have a great time. Just got back from a 14 day cruise to the ABC Islands, Barbados, St Kitts etc....I was blown out at every port. It was so windy I only took the MP off the ship twice, never did even turn it on

Just be very, very careful.

Read the travel advice for travelling to Honduras.

With it's very high crime rate, certainly don't argue with anyone if confronted.

Infact, given the info on how tourists are targeted, I'd be questioning myself if I'd really want to be standing there flying a very expensive gadget.

Sometimes the chance to get those overhead pics aren't worth the risk.

Rule number 1 : Stay safe!

Just be very, very careful.

Read the travel advice for travelling to Honduras.

With it's very high crime rate, certainly don't argue with anyone if confronted.

Infact, given the info on how tourists are targeted, I'd be questioning myself if I'd really want to be standing there flying a very expensive gadget.

Sometimes the chance to get those overhead pics aren't worth the risk.

Rule number 1 : Stay safe!

Roatan is an island well off of "mainland" Honduras and is known to be very tourist friendly as that is it's major source of revenue. It's a divers paradise in particular and that's people who spend money.

It's not known for much in the way of incidents with tourists.

That said, I'm pretty careful wherever I go.

And most (all) (if any) flying I'd do would be at the resort where I'm staying. It's is naturally isolated as well.

Reactions: JimmyHillsChin
Been there several times diving. If you get a chance dive the crashed airplane site. Shallow, but gives you lots of opportunities to practice untangling yourself from hanging cables and such. I dove it several times just to get snagged and practice getting untangled. Great photo opportunities as well.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Roatan is an island well off of "mainland" Honduras and is known to be very tourist friendly as that is it's major source of revenue. It's a divers paradise in particular and that's people who spend money.

It's not known for much in the way of incidents with tourists.

That said, I'm pretty careful wherever I go.

And most (all) (if any) flying I'd do would be at the resort where I'm staying. It's is naturally isolated as well.

Ahh ok, that's good rhen :)

Alot of these places need common sense to be used.

I went to Kenya a few years back and read bad reviews from people who slated it because they had their rolex pinched off their arm or their ipad stolen when they left it in the back of a local taxi.

People go to some of the poorest countries in the world and then parade their wealth round and then wonder why the locals take particular interest in them.

Enjoy your time there.

I've brought one a couple times on dive trips without any issues. I've always stayed off West Bay Beach and the people were friendly and familiar with these devices so no issues operating them.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Ahh ok, that's good rhen :)

Alot of these places need common sense to be used.

I went to Kenya a few years back and read bad reviews from people who slated it because they had their rolex pinched off their arm or their ipad stolen when they left it in the back of a local taxi.

People go to some of the poorest countries in the world and then parade their wealth round and then wonder why the locals take particular interest in them.

Enjoy your time there.

We're pretty low key - but big camera gear has gotten me warnings on occasion...

Been there several times diving. If you get a chance dive the crashed airplane site. Shallow, but gives you lots of opportunities to practice untangling yourself from hanging cables and such. I dove it several times just to get snagged and practice getting untangled. Great photo opportunities as well.

My hotel is right where the DC-3 is. I'll avoid the snags, thanks very much. I thought it would be cool to sit in the pilot's seat, take off my mask and reg and have my photo taken from outside ... but if it's an obstacle course in and out, then no thanks - I suck air way too fast for that sort of crap!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB