DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Runaway Mavic with various errors

FlyingTom

Reactions
Here's what happened :
  1. Take off with GPS locked with 9 sat's. Near metal shelter approx 5m above. No warnings given.
  2. 3 seconds after take off, home point recorded.
  3. 5 seconds after take off, MP starts drifting at speed to the right. Elevation 2m. Distance 6m. GPS locked with 14 sat's. Immediately started emergency landing.
  4. 9 seconds after take off, "weak GPS signal" no sat's locked. "Current RTH Route passes a No-Fly Zone" error. "Warning Compass Error, Switch to Exit P-GPS mode" error. Elevation 1m. Landing at angle as the MP continues to drift right.
  5. 12 seconds after take off, various other errors (see screenshot). Hard landing in grass. All is safe in the world.
After the above occurred I took off from a new location, away from the metal shelter. The flight was successful and no issues were experienced.

Rushing with rain overhead I realise my flight conditions were not ideal. Typically I am more mindful of my home point (which later inspection is confirmed correct) and interference.

What do you think caused the above to occur? Things went wrong very quickly and without prior warning.

Attachments

• IMG_2017.PNG
    IMG_2017.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 51
you took off in atti mode as no home point was recorded until after you took off (your words home point recorded after takeoff) 9 sats locked is a minimum. i wait till i am above 13 and hover till i hit 15 or above. never take off before the home point is recorded as you are not in gps mode also the metal shelters will have thrown the signals right off.

your first error was taking off in atti mode after that it was downhill all the way. 9 sats does not mean you have GPS lock that will occur only when you hear home ;point recorded. even if it say you can fly unless u have the green bar showing gps lock do not take off.

Reactions: Stonewall
Certainly do agree with what you mentioned, I took off in a hurry with a storm coming over.

Though I did make sure to take off in GPS mode not atti mode. I maintained GPS until 9s into the flight where I went from 14 locked sat's to zero. Then I'm guessing interference like you said played a part when atti mode was activated by the MP.

Certainly do agree with what you mentioned, I took off in a hurry with a storm coming over.

Though I did make sure to take off in GPS mode not atti mode. I maintained GPS until 9s into the flight where I went from 14 locked sat's to zero. Then I'm guessing interference like you said played a part when atti mode was activated by the MP.
Oh yes and did i mention do not take off in a hurry especially when a storm is coming who knows what interference is out there :)

give up go home fight again another day

i have taken off from metal bridges etc and had many warnings but never had a crash but i avoid anything metal like the plague if possibly can, even flying over bridges i tend to avoid or stay high.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique