DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sad story at least I got the drone back

DroneTrooper

Reactions
Purchased Mavic Air six months ago for dive trip to the Maldives last week. Practiced flying and hand landings for boat flights, got pretty good at it. Took off from boat, one quick lap around the boat and the video link went out, fortunately I had a good visual on the drone. The drone started acting strange and hardly responded to controls. I was able to nurse it back and just cleared the rail of the boat when it landed very hard on the deck. There was no way I could stop the landing and thank god I was over the boat or it would have set down in the water. Spent an hour on the phone with tech service but could not resolve the problem and I had to send it back. Just informed that main board went bad. Fortunately fixed under warranty. Lessons learned:
1. Practice Practice Practice - I was able to recover in an emergency.
2. Keep the drone in view - it would have been lost if I could not see it.
3. Things will go wrong at the worst time. After six months of great flights, I carried the drone 15k miles to get 30 seconds of footage.

Any flightlogs to see what happened?

Reactions: Bekanne
The logs might be on the phone/tablet you used with the controller. That is where my MA saves it (as well under DJI-app as under Litchi).
Not that it will change the outcome, but there might be a "learning moment" in the logs, something you didn't see or realize flying.

Reactions: Bekanne
Good learnings on your your flight. Glad that you were able to retrieve it. Wish you well on your future flights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu