DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe to use a 12vdc to 120vac power supply for charger

dgd3

Reactions
I have the standard 120 VAC charging system that comes with the Mavic air fly more combo. I also have an older 12 VDC to 120 VAC inverter to plug into a cigarette lighter plug. Does anyone see any issues with me using the inverter as the 120 VAC supply for the Mavic air battery charger?

Should be fine. I use one quite often.

That should work as long as your accessory socket is "unswitched." That is, that you have power there when the ignition is off. Most are switched, so you'd have to have the key on.

I just bought a Renovo 38000mAh power supply that has USB outs and a cigarette lighter output. I also bought a small 400 watt Duracell inverter and I'm able to run my Mavic Pro battery charger using the inverter plugged into the Renovo, or, plugged into my car cigarette lighter plug. I like the Renovo because, if I need to, I can take it out with me to a remote flight spot and use it either to charge my drone batteries or power the RC controller and, or, my ipad. Marc.

I have the standard 120 VAC charging system that comes with the Mavic air fly more combo. I also have an older 12 VDC to 120 VAC inverter to plug into a cigarette lighter plug. Does anyone see any issues with me using the inverter as the 120 VAC supply for the Mavic air battery charger?
I do this all the time. Works great while I'm driving to/from destinations...

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU