DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saint Nicholas and his Krampus

“Better be good, for goodness sake” ?
Cool and creative, thanks for posting.
Blue skies from SoCal

Nice work, inspirational.
The costumes are the bomb. Are the spirits a traditional legend?

Yes they are. It‘s mainly an Austrian thing. We have no Father Christmas (our Christmas presents are delivered by the „Christ child“. But we have Saint Nicholas on the 6th of December bringing presents aswell. The kids get a review of the last year (it’s written down in the book) and these spirits - they are called Krampus take care of the bad kids...
So we have a lot of groups with St Nicholas and these Krampus ghosts walking around the streets around these weeks. The masks are carved out of solid wood trunks and the costumes are made of leather (these guys tailor them by their own). They are not typical-usually they look more like Orks or animals.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Very creative, That took some work. Try to get some drone footage of the festivities. I’m one generation removed from Austria (between w/wars). Family name Orthner but, for better or worse, we are proud Americans now.

Nice to hear that. So you probably know some of the stuff. Drone rules are very strict in Austria - so you (can) get in real trouble when you fly over a crowd of people. So it‘s not really worth it I guess.

If you were interested I’m sure you could use your short film to approach the festival coordinators and whichever government department that handles tourism to pitch the idea. It’s a thought you should consider. I bet you would do a great job and it would be another piece within your portfolio. Especially since it’s a direct tie into what you’ve already accomplished.
Blue skies from SoCal

Nice to hear that. So you probably know some of the stuff. Drone rules are very strict in Austria - so you (can) get in real trouble when you fly over a crowd of people. So it‘s not really worth it I guess.
Never been there but it's on the bucket list.

If you were interested I’m sure you could use your short film to approach the festival coordinators and whichever government department that handles tourism to pitch the idea. It’s a thought you should consider. I bet you would do a great job and it would be another piece within your portfolio. Especially since it’s a direct tie into what you’ve already accomplished.
Blue skies from SoCal
There is no way to fly at any kind of festival with a quad like the M2. Our airspace authority demands at least a hexa or octocopter + a lot of backup systems. Most people who do this professionally have to use special modified drones. Will get better (for us - most other European countries are not so happy) when the new EU laws are established. And thanks for the „I bet you...?“

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Thanks - I will let them know. There is a short video showing the guy who is carving those masks. It’s almost finished.
All the people celebrating at the beginning are my wives family (cousins, uncles, aunts) So it was some kind of family project finally :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman