DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Same park -- different day -- Fresh Meadows - Corona Park -- NYC - Queens

Rick0504N

Reactions
Stopped by the flying field again Saturday morning to play around with some settings, etc and kept the video shooting the entire time. Did a quick edit and was able to scrape together a 2 minute vid. Toward the end, you'll see two other folks, a young couple on vacation from Germany. She was flying a Mavic Air. Very nice folks -- I gave them a lift to a near-by subway station afterwards and could have talked to them for hours!
(MPP - shot in 2.7k - 30fps - no color grading)

I'm surprised there's a flying field so close to La Guardia airport. If so, do follow the notification rules. LAANC or website might provide that. Tampa area has means of providing notice by web.

DanMan, last weekend, when I flew there for the first time, I had to agree to fly within FAA guidelines, etc and enter a code that was sent to me by text before I could take off. A week later, I had to just check off three boxes on a pop-up screen and I was able to take off. The gal with the Mavic Air told me afterwards that she didn’t encounter any kind of authorization screens and just took off. Strange.

Stopped by the flying field again Saturday morning to play around with some settings, etc and kept the video shooting the entire time. Did a quick edit and was able to scrape together a 2 minute vid. Toward the end, you'll see two other folks, a young couple on vacation from Germany. She was flying a Mavic Air. Very nice folks -- I gave them a lift to a near-by subway station afterwards and could have talked to them for hours!
(MPP - shot in 2.7k - 30fps - no color grading)

Thank you for being responsible and flying within the confines of the law and common sense. Thumbswayup

Hi, trying to fly at this park following the LAANC system however I don't appear to get clearance. Automatically rejected upon submission. One says coming soon and the other days it's available now.

The messages seem conflicting?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-214541_AirMap.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214541_AirMap.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 2
Nice ducks! :)))

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members