DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung A20E Compatibility

Ricky B

Reactions
1st post here, hope I am in the right area.

I am about to purchase an Air 2 but I am going to need to upgrade my phone. I want a phone that is going to be up to the job but I don't want to break the bank. My last few phones have been Samsung, is the Samsung A20E compatible? Any known issues? Although I want to spend the least amount possible (not really into phones) I do not want to compromise my flying experience or risk losing the drone.

Any advice will be gladly received - different spec Samsung? different makes?

Thanks.

A20 is very recent so it should be 64bit hardware and OS.
Fly ideally runs with 4GB or more installed though many have run on as little as 2GB. Play wouldn't offer Fly if there was less than 4 or 3GB but many sideloaded the APK installer from DJI.

Which brings me to another point.
The last version of Fly that DJI distributed through Play was 1.2.1. The latest version is 1.2.2 which has to be downloaded from DJI site as they apparently abandoned using Play for distributing Android apps. You might want to read up on differences between 1.2.2 and 1.2.1, particularly the means of showing orientation. Weigh that along with features in latest firmware that requires 1.2.2.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Version 1.5.0 (1855-official) runs the DJI Fly app fine, on my Samsung A20. It wouldn't install, when I tried it a few months ago, but, after updating to 1.5.0, it successfully downloaded, and operates fine. I normally use an iPad for Drone operation, but, decided to try my old A20, on a whim. Lol
I DID recieve a notice this am, that a new version was available, for Android. Tried to download it, and got an error message, so I'm holding off on updating, as I intend to use the A20, with a separate app, and some cheap VR Goggles. I'll let you know how it pans out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1