DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung A32 with DJI Mini 2

rpracing

Reactions
I am looking to change providers and they are giving either a Samsung A32 5g phone or and iPhone 12 mini. I currently using a Moto G Power (2020) phone and works well but does not have 5g service. Since I have been using Androids for years would like to stay with the Android The iPhone 12 mini has such a small screen every thought it has some noice feathers, but it is supposed.
Bottom line is anyone using a Samsung A32 for there DJI Mini w drone

I am looking to change providers and they are giving either a Samsung A32 5g phone or and iPhone 12 mini. I currently using a Moto G Power (2020) phone and works well but does not have 5g service. Since I have been using Androids for years would like to stay with the Android The iPhone 12 mini has such a small screen every thought it has some noice feathers, but it is supposed.
Bottom line is anyone using a Samsung A32 for there DJI Mini w drone
Okay I'll bite, is there any reason to think you actually need 5G now or ever will? Just keep what you have if it works unless your moving from GSM to CDMA network. I use a new, but 2016 model phone and it is perfect for my uses. If I want to use the faster internet, then I will use a computer. A phone is a phone. YMMV just wondering?

Okay I'll bite, is there any reason to think you actually need 5G now or ever will? Just keep what you have if it works unless your moving from GSM to CDMA network. I use a new, but 2016 model phone and it is perfect for my uses. If I want to use the faster internet, then I will use a computer. A phone is a phone. YMMV just wondering?
Currently have AT &T and having coverage issues I did the month to month plan on Google Fi which uses T-Mobile and US Cellular networks
. Everyplace I have gone had T-Mobile service that worked. I am going to 5g for the unlimited data so I can work from more locations

Apple "seems" to work better with the app, plus there are some 3rd party apps that are currently iOS only. You could give the iPhone a try, that's definitely compatible.

Apple "seems" to work better with the app, plus there are some 3rd party apps that are currently iOS only. You could give the iPhone a try, that's definitely compatible.
I've managed a lot of SW development projects over the years, and I think the DJI Fly app was designed for iOS, and that Android is an add-on.

Personally, I'm a hardcore Android guy. When I bought my Mini-2, I didn't know I was going to have to get a new phone to run it! I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, both for that purpose, and to replace the LG phone that I had, and didn't like.

I was starting to use more mobile data even before I started droning, so getting the unlimited data was clearly the right choice for me.

TCS

The concern is that they are only offering the iPhone 12 mini and the screen is pretty small. I am using a Moto G Power (2020 model) and it work great with DJI Fly. Just would like to stay with Android if I could. On that same if I keep my Moto G Power do I need cell service to use if or can I connect to my new phone setup as a hot spot

The concern is that they are only offering the iPhone 12 mini and the screen is pretty small. I am using a Moto G Power (2020 model) and it work great with DJI Fly. Just would like to stay with Android if I could. On that same if I keep my Moto G Power do I need cell service to use if or can I connect to my new phone setup as a hot spot
If you are going to use an iPhone… you can get a bigger screen with the iPhone 12 max.
Personally I prefer a dedicated device. Either CrystalSky 8” or Smart Controller

I've been using a phone without a sim to fly my mini 2, so you don't need cell service.

Reactions: rpracing
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock